DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #152 of 895
Does this matter? Can a human ear hear this while listening to a regular track?
I am referring to the easily accessible battery compartment.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #155 of 895
Right. I know. I meant distinguishing between one that limits cross talk to, say, under 110, and this one.
I think it is an indicator of what is going on with the entire circuit and crosstalk with the traces. Ultimately, which there are limits at which we can't hear, reducing the distortion throughout the circuit is only a plus.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #157 of 895
as far as know -110 is right about there. not considered really quiet in terms of noise.
Crosstalk is not an issue with modern dacs and amps anyway, and values below -80dB are already completely inaudible.
Enough is enough, you don't need to go even lower, this changes nothing :D

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #159 of 895
I absolutely agree here... having a faster/newer cpu means faster working user interface on dap, faster music library scanning, smoother operations, faster any app start, zero lags and freezes when navigating menus or installing apps and so on... and when you pay for your dap ~1k $ or above in 2024 you want to have modern snappy device with smooth user experience...and 7 year old processor like Snapdragon660 is a shame to use in such device. There are a lot of new Snapdragon processors which are super power efficient and much faster than an ancient SD660...and regarding the price of a DAP I would pay some more to have 5+ years futureproof smoothly operating device instead of laggy, but still expensive dap.
All I can say here - "greediness" of dap developers 😕 that is why I don't buy daps anymore, and use only portable dac/amp instead, to get that super snappy and joyful software experience with latest updates on my smartphone.
Is it greediness or trying to keep the price viable with the expected top tier audio performance. It's always a balancing act to keep it at a marketable price vs projected sales volume vs performance. All but the crazy expensive oversize DAPs will have compromises. It's a balancing act. If you don't care for this choice of priorities, move on but stop complaining. I have never ever felt my 240 was laggy at anything I use it for. The last thing I want is specsmanship over perceived real world performance. Plenty of those out there if that's what you prefer. Dumping on something before use and a listen is mind numbingly short sighted. If it's a nanosecond slower but kicks sonic ass, I'm good, LOL. You may not be and that's fine

Target function and your target may be different than iBasso's. Nothing wrong with that but if so, move on.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #161 of 895
Even with the human limits , in general with improvements of crosstalk would still yield “improvements in engineering parameters”. What would matter is that the company care enough to strive for and achieving improvements with real measurements.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #165 of 895
I'm confused, I'm seeing the price of $949 everywhere, including HiFiGo.
Yes and that converts roughly to £744. However in the UK most places have it for £849 for pre-order. I don’t live in the UK but that’s what google shows.

It’s the same here in the EU. Hifigo price is €849 but local shops sell it for €940.
This is normal though. It’s always a bit higher here in the EU, never the same price as USD.

The point here is importing from Hifigo to the EU/UK is cheaper since their prices also include taxes. However iBasso will not honor the 1 year warranty since Hifigo is not an authorized dealer and hence the discussion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back