DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jan 4, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #1,158 of 2,804
Probably the same battery connector so it should be easy.
Looks the same or very similiar. I have a video for the DX220 batt. replacement. Just 2 screws but then looks like a tab needs to be manipulated in each screw hole to allow the back to pop up (can't see what the tech is actually doing). Then it just pulls up and off after disconnecting the 2 connectors.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #1,162 of 2,804
Why do you sell it? Didn't like the sound?
I think it's more about use and apps like UAPP not yet being fully functional for his needs. I like it enough as is to wait for UAPP integration of Qobuz and local streaming of PCM. I don't use DSD or MQA but asked Davy (UAPP) about PCM HiDef and he assured me it's coming in the next release.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,164 of 2,804
I don't know, it feels kind of Spanish to me that so many people want to sell their DX 240 again so quickly. Doesn't seem so great after all. I think I'll never sell my DX 312. I can't get anything better for the money.
Viva la difference. No product is universally accepted. I wonder if everyone has given the stock amp enough of a shot instead of swapping for their fav card from another model? I've not heard an amp 8 so have no idea if it's a better option here or not. I also had a Hiby R6 2020 that I was perfectly happy with but wanted to try one of these so who knows why another may change horses?

Perfectly happy is relative as I clearly prefer the physical layout of the iBasso. Wasn't a fan of the V control on top opposite the connections on the bottom but that's personal. R6 is also taller and iBasso is fatter but hidden well with the curved back. It's more pocket friendly.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #1,165 of 2,804
Impulse buys, people needing money, someone got one for review etc. Always sales after any new dap is released. It's not always that they don't like the dap as to why they're selling.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #1,166 of 2,804
Impulse buys, people needing money, someone got one for review etc. Always sales after any new dap is released. It's not always that they don't like the dap as to why they're selling.
More surprised someone hasn't jumped on it yet. Maybe sell the parts (DAP/Amp Card) separately.

That said, should I get an amp 8 and tweak it? The mods I've seen look a bit overboard in cap values but maybe not once the stock caps are removed. Timing/PRAT can get worse with larger values though I am clearly not saying that's happening here, just a general observation. If I'm bypassing, I prefer about a 200 to 1 ratio to clean up what's there but replacing parts is a different animal. Different ESR values etc can have a strong affect simpler circuits so finding the right cap can be significant. I haven't liked Silmics in the power supply chain in the past but could see them working for a particular voicing need.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,167 of 2,804
More surprised someone hasn't jumped on it yet. Maybe sell the parts (DAP/Amp Card) separately.

That said, should I get an amp 8 and tweak it? The mods I've seen look a bit overboard in cap values but maybe not once the stock caps are removed. Timing/PRAT can get worse with larger values though I am clearly not saying that's happening here, just a general observation. If I'm bypassing, I prefer about a 200 to 1 ratio to clean up what's there but replacing parts is a different animal. Different ESR values etc can have a strong affect simpler circuits so finding the right cap can be significant. I haven't liked Silmics in the power supply chain in the past but could see them working for a particular voicing need.

I'm not familiar with amp 8 myself and quite like the stock amp. But it would be fun to switch out some of the caps. 😀 I never really thought of that but barrel caps are pretty easy to solder if your handy with that sort of thing.

There was one on sale on amazon.

But I'm excited to see a new amp module from ibasso.

No used amp 8's 😒 that one on Amazon was like 125 bucks I think.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #1,168 of 2,804
I'm not familiar with amp 8 myself and quite like the stock amp. But it would be fun to switch out some of the caps. 😀 I never really thought of that but barrel caps are pretty easy to solder if your handy with that sort of thing.

There was one on sale on amazon.

But I'm excited to see a new amp module from ibasso.

No used amp 8's 😒 that one on Amazon was like 125 bucks I think.
I think iBasso might still have new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back