DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #2,146 of 2,804
They sell the plates. I bought one. I think it was 20 dollars and shipping.
Have u had the chance to compare the Amp8EX and 8MKII? What’s your opinion on that?

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #2,148 of 2,804
Have u had the chance to compare the Amp8EX and 8MKII? What’s your opinion on that?
I don't have the AMP8EX.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #2,149 of 2,804
Did you order direct from iBasso? I've purchased the TPU case direct from them after reaching out to them on FB messsenger, guess I could go that route.
Direct from iBasso.

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #2,153 of 2,804
Question for DX240 owners: which amplifier has more dynamics / speed, AMP1 MK3 or AMP8 MK2?
Stock amp has a more reference sound.

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #2,154 of 2,804
Stock amp has a more reference sound.
Hard to say and this entirely depending on the definition of reference. My Amp8EX sounds much closer to my Grace M920 (a studio grade monitor desktop amplifier). Studio grade is pretty neutral and reference to me. My Amp8mkI is more clinical and drier sounding.

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #2,155 of 2,804
Hard to say and this entirely depending on the definition of reference. My Amp8EX sounds much closer to my Grace M920 (a studio grade monitor desktop amplifier). Studio grade is pretty neutral and reference to me. My Amp8mkI is more clinical and drier sound

Hard to say and this entirely depending on the definition of reference. My Amp8EX sounds much closer to my Grace M920 (a studio grade monitor desktop amplifier). Studio grade is pretty neutral and reference to me. My Amp8mkI is more clinical and drier sounding.
Never had the chance to demo the AMP8EX. For me the stock amp has the more neutral and balanced sound. I don't it is analytical since there's some warmth but has excellent detail retrieval, imaging and separation. I also think it pairs better with warm monitors.

The AMP8 MKII isn't much different. Maybe more mid bass and rumble, generally a more warm sound signature, probably darker. Still has excellent technicalities. It will pair better with neutral/brighter monitors.

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #2,157 of 2,804
Never had the chance to demo the AMP8EX. For me the stock amp has the more neutral and balanced sound. I don't it is analytical since there's some warmth but has excellent detail retrieval, imaging and separation. I also think it pairs better with warm monitors.

The AMP8 MKII isn't much different. Maybe more mid bass and rumble, generally a more warm sound signature, probably darker. Still has excellent technicalities. It will pair better with neutral/brighter monitors.
I mentioned the Grace M920 because it is very transparent and many studio used it for monitoring. The M920 actually won many awards and not many people know about it. Admittedly I don’t own the 1MK3 but do own the 8M1 and 8EX. The 8EX is great sounding and sounding nearly as good as my mod DX220 MAX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back