DSD128 SACD's?
Aug 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gzone3lement

third_eye! You are a stud!
For the past year, I am starting to collect some SACD's and extracting to DSD files. I do not think I own any SACD's that have DSD128. From my understanding, DSD128 sounds better than DSD64. However, are there such SACD's that have DSD128? Or is DSD128 usually just upsampled DSD64?

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Acc. to SA-CD.net FAQ's the SACD signal is 2.8Mhz 1bit DSD, also called DSD64.
http://www.sa-cd.net/faq#audio1
Any higher format does not come on the disc but either as high rez download or upsampled from the orig. SACD format by a DAC.

How do you extract the DSD files , PS3 ?

I have a couple of hybrid SACD's but no player and I am really hesitant to invest in a dedicated player that doesn't have a digital output for this proprietary format to use any capable non Sony/Philips DAC. My Oppo BD103 is unacceptable as dedicated audio output source. I guess if S/P wanted to revive the format, they would finally open up this option but a market place with high rez downloads, that ship has sailed.

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 5
  Acc. to SA-CD.net FAQ's the SACD signal is 2.8Mhz 1bit DSD, also called DSD64.
http://www.sa-cd.net/faq#audio1
Any higher format does not come on the disc but either as high rez download or upsampled from the orig. SACD format by a DAC.

How do you extract the DSD files , PS3 ?

I have a couple of hybrid SACD's but no player and I am really hesitant to invest in a dedicated player that doesn't have a digital output for this proprietary format to use any capable non Sony/Philips DAC. My Oppo BD103 is unacceptable as dedicated audio output source. I guess if S/P wanted to revive the format, they would finally open up this option but a market place with high rez downloads, that ship has sailed.

I use my friend's PS3. I would imagine replacing my flac files with dsf files to be a game changer.

I am considering a BDP-105D. I noticed that Oppo blu-ray players do not go on sale. Even some previously used generation models are not really on sale. Bummer.

It is really difficult to market SACD's. Marketing 24-bit high resolution files are difficult as it is already, although very few of today's music are getting sold in 24-bit.

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Check out Lyn Stanley Live At Studio A! I have her SACD and it’s recorded in 128 DSD! Fast forward to 2021? I believe that’s the year it came out!

Attachments

• 8FDA5D8E-57FA-4E15-991E-12CD576BC4E4.jpeg
    8FDA5D8E-57FA-4E15-991E-12CD576BC4E4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back