Dragon Age: Inquisition
Nov 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Change is Good

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone else, here, excited about this game? This will actually be my first time with the Dragon Age series, so I hope I won't feel lost in the dialogue.

Gamespot scored it a 9 on their review, so I'm glad to see the hype is real!
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/dragon-age-inquisition-review/1900-6415949/

Looking forward to meeting some of you who have played this series, before, and new players as well (like myself). I'm playing on PS4, and my PSN ID is in my signature.

Discussion is open for all platforms, as long as we keep it classy... 
cool.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 15
Yeah I'm thinking about picking this one up even though I've yet to play a Dragon Age game. I did love Knights of the Old Republic back in the day though.

What platform are will you be playing on, if so? Have you seen the in-depth character customization videos, yet?

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 15
This game looks fab!

Yes it does. The world looks quite massive, also. I hear that after 100 hours there is still much more to explore and discover. I can't wait! :D

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 15
PS3 owner.

Hi all, The first Dragons age was a fantastic game and well worth the money, i avoided the second after a demo (reviews were not too kind either).
But this Inquisition sounds potentially excellent, i hope the PS3 can handle it, unlike BF4.

For those who have yet to play DAOrigins, grab it now, must be a bargain, you won't be dissapointed.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 15
Agreed, Dragon Age Origins with all it's DLCs is in my opinion the best RPG game in many many years. Story is cool, characters are cool, everything is cool. Pick it up and play it !

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 15
  Has anyone got Inquisition yet?

I thought new PS3 games would have come down in price ater the PS4 but no.

I have it on PS4. I must say I am sometimes overwhelmed by the amount of content in this game. So much to do!!!

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 15
Have it, enjoy it, but too much filler that shallowly bloats the game up to be a lot bigger than it actually is. I love the world they've made here, but let down by the structuring in general.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #14 of 15
It's a rather average story with a nearly endless amount of MMO style fetch quests that are nothing but padding, hardly what I count as content. It's like they set out to make an MMO but then just made it offline instead. Disappointment of the year for me. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #15 of 15
Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. I mean, it's my first Dragon Age game, but I'm a fan of Bioware since Mass Effect 2. mass Effect 2 and 3 were long games that didn't feel as if they had much if any padding (with the exception of planet mining, which was was quite tedious).

It's the characters and their interactions that sold Bioware games for me, and Inquisition doesn't let me down in that regard. I love the lore, the characters, the banter. I wish gameplay was as solid as Mass Effect, but it's understandable, as it isn't a shooter. Still, there is a game kinda like this that has AMAZING battle mechanics: Kingdoms of Amalur. That battle system was on point, and felt very rewarding. Considering Bioware had some ties to that game (KoA themed armor and weapons in Mass Effect), i would've hoped they'd pick up some of the battle mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back