Dolby and DTS issue
May 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

epodn

New Head-Fier
I now use ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe. Now everything goes well with this great sound card. However, I can’t still tell the difference between Dolby and DTS.

I try to find the difference between this two “format” (or “technology”???), but it’s really abstract for me. Does anyone can give me any idea about the difference….And why soem model of Xonar have both Dolby and DTS while others just have Dolby?? Really thanks for kind info.

May 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I now use ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe. Now everything goes well with this great sound card. However, I can’t still tell the difference between Dolby and DTS.

I try to find the difference between this two “format” (or “technology”???), but it’s really abstract for me. Does anyone can give me any idea about the difference….And why soem model of Xonar have both Dolby and DTS while others just have Dolby?? Really thanks for kind info.

Dolby/others makes a wide range of 'codecs' and 'DSPs' or digital signal processors.  Dolby Headphone is a surround sound emulation DSP, where as DTS is a codec for surround sound information.

If you'd like me to go more into depth, let me know.

May 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Dolby makes a wide range of 'codecs' and 'DSPs' or digital signal processors.  Dolby Headphone is a surround sound emulation DSP, where as DTS is a Dolby codec for surround sound information.

If you'd like me to go more into depth, let me know.

DTS isn't a Dolby codec.

Dolby and DTS are two competing routines....

May 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
DTS isn't a Dolby codec.

Dolby and DTS are two competing routines....

Ha!  I mistook DD for DTS.  Good call.  Corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back