Does this kind of bluetooth...thing...exist? (Music + phone)
Oct 10, 2007 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

OverlordXenu

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, so I will have my LiveWires soon, right? And I have a (pda)phone, right?

What I am looking for, is some kind of bluetooth...dongle?, where I could plug in my LiveWires to the dongle, and then to my DAP (X5), and then use bluetooth to pair the dongle with my phone, and like, clip a microphone on to the LiveWires' wire. And then when I got a call, it would cut off my music, and let me answer it or go back to my music.

Did I explain it clearly enough, or am I being confusing?

If something like that doesn't exist, is there one that forgoes bluetooth (I think Shure has something like that, but it sucks, or it's built into their IEM's, or something), or is there some kind of bluetooth headset that I could get custom molded to my ear and an earplug for the other ear? Or will I have to just get a "universal" bluetooth headset?

I really am terrible at explaining things, sometimes...Thanks to anyone that can understand my thought process.

Edit: Anyone know if this is a good bluetooth headset? Edit again: Oh, they do custom molds for different headsets. Eg. Jawbone I'm still more interested in a solution that would let me use my LiveWires.

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 11
Wouldn't pairing Livewires with Bluetooth to a phone kind of defeat the purpose of having Livewires in the first place? It's like spooning a sportscar engine in a standard Kia. Sure, it sounds nice and looks cool but do you get the performance you want? The Livewires are pretty sensitive so would pick up any distortion. Why not invest in a good source/amp combi and let your customs really shine?

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't pairing Livewires with Bluetooth to a phone kind of defeat the purpose of having Livewires in the first place? It's like spooning a sportscar engine in a standard Kia. Sure, it sounds nice and looks cool but do you get the performance you want? The Livewires are pretty sensitive so would pick up any distortion. Why not invest in a good source/amp combi and let your customs really shine?

I already have a good source, my X5. There wasn't a marked increase in SQ when using an amp, so I don't. I still plan on directly connecting the LiveWires to the X5.

Maybe this picture will show my point better:
http://photo.head-fi.org/showphoto.p...18401&size=big

Edit: Oh wow, I really messed up all spelling concepts in that picture...

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 11
Seems like the BlueStreamer by JAYS is the thing you need. Just take a look!
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love you. But where can I buy it? I can't order it on their site.

Just wrote you a message with contact information. Seems like you're right - actually I don't see a possibility to order these online, too.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you should like totally like switch to iphone, right? :p

Sorry, no. I actually use my phone for work, and I care about sound quality.

The BlueStreamer has been discontinued, and the new version doesn't have a mini input. So I guess I need to get this off of headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back