Does the ultra micro dac can stand dust?
Mar 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi fellows! i decided to post this here since i own the ultra micro dac and i wanted to ask specifically about it. so..is a little dust can harm it?
i heard once that electronic parts doesnt suffer from dust,but maybe in the amp case this is different..?

i am talking about little dust above it.. and maybe if some got in somehow.
my room gets dusty one day after i clean it,so its a problem for me.
anyway...i try to keep my gear as clean as possible so i am asking this just in case and for general knowledge.

and i am sorry..i meant to the ultra micro amp too,not just the dac.
thx!

Mar 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Dust is safe.

If we're talking about typical electronics (like those found in a PC, solid state amps, dacs, etc) you heard right. There is no problem, functionally. (I'm not so sure about tubes...)

The worst of it in a computer is having it build up and impede air flow. I once had application crashes under high load until I cleaned out my heat sink. Without the air flow, it heats up!

But you should have no such issues with the ultra micro dac.

Oh -- off-topic, but I use my umdac every day and I just love that piece of gear.

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks man! you got a little stone off my chest!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah Plonter, don't worry about dust. My bedroom (where my UM DAC resides) gets a bit dusty too. Even if it were a problem, the only places where it could get in are the holes in the faceplate and backplate, which are tiny and mostly filled with switches and in/output jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back