Does it exist ?
Apr 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #16 of 24
I'll dig out the HD1,charge it up and give it a try
wink.gif
.Things that are putting me off buying a Sony is the whole thing about hissing and I'm afraid that with the 5 pros the hiss will be picked up even more.Almost everything I have in my house is from Sony(it's a brand that I trust) and for some reason I'm reluctant to buy one of their players
confused.gif
,maybe it's the hiss or maybe it's because I think they're very overpriced.

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 24
Anyone who is dumb enough to try and watch video on an iPod deserves the damage their eyes sustain.

Apr 7, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who is dumb enough to try and watch video on an iPod deserves the damage their eyes sustain.

Who's asking about video ?

Apr 7, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #19 of 24
If you can get hold of a Samsung YP-Z5, I would recommend it. There are still a few new ones floating around. The SQ is excellent. I have one that still gets regular use.

cheers
Simon

Apr 7, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can get hold of a Samsung YP-Z5, I would recommend it. There are still a few new ones floating around. The SQ is excellent. I have one that still gets regular use.

cheers
Simon

Had a look around and the YP-Z5 and it seems to be pretty obselete in Holland.I could get it second hand but I'd rather have something new.Thanks anyway Pieman.Anybody else got a suggestion ?.

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #21 of 24
It's probably gonna be the U5 or a FUZE. The Fuze isn't an audio only player but will have a card slot to upgrade. The U5 has is more simple and configurable with a user definable button and parametric EQ with 10 definable EQ settings plus each preset EQ can be adjusted.

Other-wise, they are similar in size, battery life,SQ, and screen size. The clip has no file/folder browsing but the Fuze should have it since it does video/pictures. But remember to double check that and how the external memory integrates/ if navigation isn't direct for folders.

I think you can download the user manuals on their respective websites. That should help a bit.

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #22 of 24
I really seem to have limited myself by only wanting an audio player
confused.gif
.I managed to try out a Clix2 and I have to say I was very impressed with the SQ,but I'm afraid I'd wreck the screen using it in my work.I'm keeping my eye on the U5 and Sansas for the moment but trying to make a decision is driving me to drink
tongue.gif

I'm going to an Mp3 shop in a few days and hopefully I'll be able to try out some players,but I'm not sure they allow it.I think only the Sansa are available to try.

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #23 of 24
I was just wondering if the iAudio 7 would be good for me ?.It's got a small screen which is good cause i'm not gonna watch videos on it anyway and apparently excellent SQ.So for a player that I'm just gonna turn on the shuffle,stick it in my pocket and let it play,do ya think it would be a good option for me ?.

Cheers Vinny

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #24 of 24
Vinny,

The Trekstor Vibez (around 180 for the 12gb model)

* Gapless playback for all supported codecs, including WMA DRM.
* Custom 5-band parametric equalizer.
* True on-the-fly playlisting.
* DJ mode (formerly known as "Rio DJ")
* Line-in recording (.WAV format)
* Voice recording (.WAV format)
* MSC/MTP modes (no software dependency)
* ID3 tag and file tree browsing
* Pitchbend
* Codecs supported: MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, WMA-DRM9, WMA-DRM10 (Janus)
* Album art

Cheers ^_^
Oh btw, I can vouch for it's sound, it being the predecessor of the Karma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back