Does FiiO X1 plays in car's usb port?
Jul 2, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #31 of 33
Sorry to dig this up but I'm on the brink of either buying a X1 or repairing an ipod classic. My decision depends on wheather or not it will work on in my car.
I have a Pioneer DEH 4700bt stereo which works fine via USB with ipod, iphone and android devices.
So it's been established that the x1 will work but in storage mode. My question is will I be able to select the music via the x1 when playin via usb like I can do with my ipod and android device? Because choosing music via the pioneer is a pain.
If not, is a x1 lineout better than an ipod USB?

Thanks for your answers.

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #32 of 33
  Sorry to dig this up but I'm on the brink of either buying a X1 or repairing an ipod classic. My decision depends on wheather or not it will work on in my car.
I have a Pioneer DEH 4700bt stereo which works fine via USB with ipod, iphone and android devices.
So it's been established that the x1 will work but in storage mode. My question is will I be able to select the music via the x1 when playin via usb like I can do with my ipod and android device? Because choosing music via the pioneer is a pain.
If not, is a x1 lineout better than an ipod USB?

Thanks for your answers.

Hail and well met!

It turns out that my X1 works great in my 2011 Ford Mustang's stock stereo.  The only thing I cannot access are playlists  but that's due to not having any (I have not taken the time to figure out how to create them).  I have the latest firmware and currently have 9,306 songs on a 64 gig MicroSD.

I have a couple of iPods and cannot discern a sonic difference in lineout vs USB in them or the X1 and doubt any could if double blind tested.  Listen to the music, not the equipment.  In my experiences there's no joy in obsessing over perceived differences.

I hope this helps.  Enjoy the music, my friend!

The Toad

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #33 of 33
i have an insignia, 2012, with a cd400. It takes a long time to scan the X1 and it scans each time a start the engine. It's a pain. Given the choice I would go back to an iPod classic. I am due a new car by the end of the year and if it does not scan quickly I'll be picking up a 180 classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back