Does anyone use AutoEQ or Oratory1990 to equalize their headphones?
Mar 28, 2023 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

codythelucario

Head-Fier
Earlier today I equalized my HD599s to Oratory's Harman curve and damn the highs were so much clearer and detailed. It opened my world on my HD599s. Before that moment I was considering selling my 599s and my B&W PX to get the 560s but after that I don't think I'm gonna do that. I also recall the 560s being very bright, but too bright that my ears would get fatiguing when I tried it out at my local Best Buy.

Anyone use AutoEQ/oratory1990 for their gear? Good idea or no?

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 6
Nice to see that you have discovered the power of the EQ.
AutoEQ/Oratory profiles are great but once you get the hang of EQ, you might want to tweak those profiles a bit and adjust them more to your preferences.

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #4 of 6
It's even easier with APO EQ and Peace front end. There's an autoeq button in peace, just select your headphone profile and it loads it automatically. No more data entry.
The Wavelet app also works this way

Mar 30, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Nice to see that you have discovered the power of the EQ.
AutoEQ/Oratory profiles are great but once you get the hang of EQ, you might want to tweak those profiles a bit and adjust them more to your preferences.
yea! I also didn't realize how the value of the headphones also can include whether it is driveable to fit my sound preference easily or not. The 599s easily did that and now I am happy with it. The PX, less so, but still achieved a satisfactory result. On my PX I added a bit of emphasis on the mids to hear the vocals with ANC on and had to de-emphasize the lower bass a bit to get it to be analytical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back