Does anyone have the SCL4 for $80 anymore?
Jan 26, 2009 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrLowly

New Head-Fier
A few days ago I bought the Shure E2c from Amazon for $70, and, after receiving the SCL2 instead, I decided to see if they'd been renamed (I found out they had) or if I had gotten the wrong headphones. But I also found out that a bunch of sites (music123.com, guitarcenter.com, musiciansfriend.com) were supposed to have the SCL3 and SCL4 (both in white) for $60 and $80, respectively.

The SCL3 are still available, but I can't find the SCL4 (the cheap white ones) anywhere. Am I out of luck? Or, to give an example, has anyone else been in the same situation, waited, and then found that the SCL4 had become available at a later date? The offer is supposed to be good until February 28, after all.

Supposing that I'm out of luck, what's the difference between the SCL4 and the SCL3? And the SCL3 and SCL2? I would guess a general "The higher the number the better", and I know the word "difference" isn't very specific, but I'd appreciate some insight.

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 2
Seem you are out of luck, they saeem to be out of white SCL4's.

You can find a bunch on e-bay. You can win a pair for not much more than the sale price (seems a BUNCH of people had the same idea to buy them to resale, so many that there not really making a lot off them). I have a pair there that I used for about 2 or 3 weeks. I got some SE530 so don't need the SCL4's

as for the difference you can look at the spec here:
Shure - Personal Monitor Systems

the 4's may offer a some more detail and an increase in bass over the 3's. It should be substantially better then the SCL2's.

If you find the 2's pretty good the 4's should be even more so, and a good deal at around $80 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back