Does anyone else have this issue with their AV-710?
Sep 29, 2004 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Imyourzero

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got an unusual problem with this card. Usually it'll work fine after a fresh boot into Windows (I have to have the Audio Deck program running in the system tray or the card won't output sound) but if I leave the computer for a while and come back, Foobar 2000 gives me this error when trying to play a song:

"ERROR (foo_out_ks) : KS output error: error opening device."

Is there an issue with kernel streaming? Like I said, if I do a reboot and load the Audio Deck program into memory, the card will play songs in Foobar 2000 just fine. However if I leave for an extended amount of time and then try to load up a song in Foobar, I get the above error. I'm thinking it is happening after the system goes into Standby and I wake it back up. But why would this happen? I've never had a problem with other programs not working after coming out of Standby...

Has anyone else had this issue with this card?
confused.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
What version of the drivers are you using? Have you tried other versions?

In Device Manager and the Envy control panel applet it's listed as 5.12.1.3614

These are the ones you told me to switch to (either the 1.43d's or the 3.10a's). I can't remember exactly but that version # should provide a clue. Remember when I first installed the card and couldn't get it to play at all? I installed the latest drivers off of the Chaintech site and you advised me to switch to the older ones...I'm almost positive these are the 1.43d's because the 3.10a's have the volume control bug, right?

Sep 30, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
In Device Manager and the Envy control panel applet it's listed as 5.12.1.3614

These are the ones you told me to switch to (either the 1.43d's or the 3.10a's). I can't remember exactly but that version # should provide a clue. Remember when I first installed the card and couldn't get it to play at all? I installed the latest drivers off of the Chaintech site and you advised me to switch to the older ones...I'm almost positive these are the 1.43d's because the 3.10a's have the volume control bug, right?

Yes, the 3.10a's have the volume bug, and you should try the new 3.24c's (which unfortunately do have the volume bug, but there is an easy work-around in the guide linked in my sig).

Sep 30, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 11
I think I remember getting this error when I had the output data format set wrong. (12bit, 24bit, etc...) You might want to jack with those settings under "Playback". Also, if I locked the resolution on my output device, I had to make sure that foobar was set to that exact resolution or I'd get an error. Just some ideas.

Sep 30, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #9 of 11
Does your computer hibernate/sleep? It could be related to that and failing to come out of power saving modes.

Having to load the CP is a pain in the ass, especially given that it serves no function yet requires 15mb physical. I wish they would sort out their drivers such that it is not required for the card to initialise
rolleyes.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Radar
Yes, the 3.10a's have the volume bug, and you should try the new 3.24c's (which unfortunately do have the volume bug, but there is an easy work-around in the guide linked in my sig).

OK, just switched to the 3.24c's. We'll see how these do. If I still get the same error/issue with these, I'm going back to the 1.43d's because that volume bug is kind of annoying. Not a big deal, but still. Their driver team needs to get in gear. Common sense dictates that if you release a newer driver where something is broken from the older version, you fix it back to the way it was!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007
I think I remember getting this error when I had the output data format set wrong. (12bit, 24bit, etc...) You might want to jack with those settings under "Playback". Also, if I locked the resolution on my output device, I had to make sure that foobar was set to that exact resolution or I'd get an error. Just some ideas.

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually I just leave Foobar set to "24 bits padded to 32" but for some reason every time I load up the player and look in Preferences, the Output box is clear. Once I set it to 24 padded to 32, it'll stay displayed in that box until I exit Foobar. Once I start it up again, that box is clear once again. Does that happen for everyone else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuja
Does your computer hibernate/sleep? It could be related to that and failing to come out of power saving modes.

Having to load the CP is a pain in the ass, especially given that it serves no function yet requires 15mb physical. I wish they would sort out their drivers such that it is not required for the card to initialise
rolleyes.gif

Well, I do have it set to go into Standby after 3 hours. Or, if I know I'm going to be away from the computer for an extended period I'll go ahead and put it into Standby mode myself. Perhaps you are right; maybe the audio card is failing to wake up after going into PSM.

And yes, that CP is a PITA. The drivers for this card are pure junk, but at least the card redeems itself with its sound quality!
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually I just leave Foobar set to "24 bits padded to 32" but for some reason every time I load up the player and look in Preferences, the Output box is clear. Once I set it to 24 padded to 32, it'll stay displayed in that box until I exit Foobar. Once I start it up again, that box is clear once again. Does that happen for everyone else?

That's normal and it's still set to "24-bit fixed padded to 32-bit", it just defaults to hiding that setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back