Does a portable DAP with these features exist?
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bmoregnr

100+ Head-Fier
My research has not found many DAPs with this combination of features, so I was hoping to enlist help from the experts around here. Thanks

Wants
  • Two micro SD Card slots
  • Balanced Lineout
  • Variable Lineout Volume control (needed for feeding powered speakers with no volume control)
Nice to haves
  • USB output
  • Not super expensive

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Ok with 1T micro SD Cards around it looks like I am dropping my two card slot want.

Does a DAP with this exist?

Wants
  • Balanced Lineout
  • Variable Lineout Volume control (needed for feeding powered speakers with no volume control)
I've seen some posts that maybe the Onkyo DP-X1A in Europe has variable line out capability as an EU regulation thing, but the details seem sketchy. Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 15, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 6
Astell and Kern and Lotoo Paw 6000 can do balanced line out. A&K you can do variable voltage difference in line out mode.

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks everyone for the help, here are my thoughts,

Dx220MAX lineout does not appear to be balanced; I am also not sure if it is variable

Cayin N8, is well out of my price league but it has balanced line out. From this post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...utput-mode-dual-line-out.879025/post-14626312 the N6, N5ii/N5iiS seem to be setup the same; maybe those are more in my range and will check them. A review or two of the N8 seem to say it has a variable setting but I can’t find a manual or a working website to really confirm that yet.

A&K I remember the Kann did have the balance line out but was not variable; I guess you are saying there are multiple voltage levels which I can appreciate, but I am looking at it more for volume control. I will check some of the other A&Ks though.

Fiio M11 has variable lineout but it is not balanced. Seems the same for M15 as well. I am using variable single ended line out on the x5ii now.

Forgot the Lotoo Paw 6000, a review seems to say you can adjust the line out which is shared with both the SE and Balanced outs via the volume knob as well as to several fixed voltages

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back