Do you have tinnitus?
Aug 4, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #61 of 69
If any of you take blood pressure meds? Common side effects listed is ringing of the ears. Does this mean the in certain cases, the ringing has to do with blood vessels?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #62 of 69
If any of you take blood pressure meds? Common side effects listed is ringing of the ears. Does this mean the in certain cases, the ringing has to do with blood vessels?
I wish it was that simple for me but no blood pressure meds here. I know that caffeine doesn’t help but I don’t know how I would function some days without coffee.

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #63 of 69
Since I got my jab, there are times I do experience ringing on my ears. I'm not sure if it was really because of the vaccine. Maybe, it has something to do with the foods I eat making my blood pressure to go high and nowadays, I do lack exercise.

Sep 24, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #64 of 69
My Dad is suffering from tinnitus, he basically have tried many medications and marketing gimmicks such as some high frequency sounds, we are still in consultation with ENTs. Please feel free to advice on ways to have to some comfort as per your experience.

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #66 of 69
I have some in both ears - I can hear it when it's super quiet and if I pay attention to it. :frowning2:
Mine seems to have calmed a little since it developed in January - I do notice it if I pay attention, but the key seems to be to be so tired that by the time your head hits the pillow you pass out!

Oct 13, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #67 of 69
Mine seems to have calmed a little since it developed in January - I do notice it if I pay attention, but the key seems to be to be so tired that by the time your head hits the pillow you pass out!
I have a medium/large circulator fan on the floor that I run during the night. The sound is soothing and seems to block the tinnitus. I only notice the tinnitus when it is absolutely silent... (There are also various "white noise" apps. I have used an app. called, "White Noise" when I travel...) (The Vornado fans are really nice with regard to sound output (and air circulation...)

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #68 of 69
I have a medium/large circulator fan on the floor that I run during the night. The sound is soothing and seems to block the tinnitus. I only notice the tinnitus when it is absolutely silent... (There are also various "white noise" apps. I have used an app. called, "White Noise" when I travel...) (The Vornado fans are really nice with regard to sound output (and air circulation...)
I've not needed white noise apps at the moment, though the fan is a good idea. Usually I listen to some music in bed and slowly pass out!​

Oct 13, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #69 of 69
I have it, or something like it anyway. Never been to a doctor about it or asked honestly. Comes and goes randomly off and on. Like a high pitched WEEEEEEEE sound. Actually changes tones sometimes. Doesn't last long normally and fades away, or I get used to it? Luckily for me it is just mildly annoying. It doesn't hurt or really effect my hearing. I can still hear everything going on around me or people talking.

If I had to guess mine is from a mental problem or chemical problem and not physical damage since it comes and goes like other symptoms I have. Panick attacks, vertigo those kinds of things. It could be hearing damage though I certianly didn't go out of my way to take care of my hearing. And I have had a lot of noisy jobs and hobbies where I didn't bother using hearing protection most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back