Do portable Minidisc players last longer than portable CD players on average?
Sep 29, 2001 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 5
batterylife wise? I believe some mds have really good batterylife, some really poor. I don't believe the Pana players everyone here loves last that long. a Sone r900 mdp will last longer. I guess on average mdps have a longer batterylife.

Sep 29, 2001 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 5
The average MD portable has MUCH MUCH better battery life than the average CD player.

If you're talking about lifespan, I'd say both can last quite a while if treated properly. I think MD players will last a bit longer because, being smaller and more compact, they are a bit sturdier and they don't misalign as easily. On the other hand, they do have one area with additional mechanical parts (the door/eject) so that could be a bit more problematic in the long run.

Sep 29, 2001 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 5
I was able to wear an mdp within a year. a friend of mine still uses a first generation mdp (with real seperated line-out! shame she doesn't care about soundquality..
tongue.gif
). don't throw your gear around too much and anything can last a long while..

Sep 29, 2001 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 5
You guys should see pics of my dinosaur R30...and see what my friend did to it after letting him borrow it for months...lol...still works though. Looks like a mangled metallic scrap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back