Do new IEM's ever sound blown during break-in? Or should I return
Feb 2, 2023 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iustjjn

New Head-Fier
Hiya. Greetings. Quick Question: Is it everrr ever normal for IEM's to sound blown at first then even out? I got a pair of used FIR audio Ne4's from ebay and they seemed to work fine then started blowing really bad in the left speaker after an hour or so (when turned up decently loud but not crazy). I was about to return then they started sounding fine again. Is this ever part of a breakin period or should I return pronto? Thanks!

It's also hard for me to compare the right to left earphone because my right ear is mostly deaf. Thanks so much y'all!

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Hiya. Greetings. Quick Question: Is it everrr ever normal for IEM's to sound blown at first then even out? I got a pair of used FIR audio Ne4's from ebay and they seemed to work fine then started blowing really bad in the left speaker after an hour or so (when turned up decently loud but not crazy). I was about to return then they started sounding fine again. Is this ever part of a breakin period or should I return pronto? Thanks!

It's also hard for me to compare the right to left earphone because my right ear is mostly deaf. Thanks so much y'all!

Could you put the right earpiece into the left ear just to do a comparison?

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 4
The Ne4 has these bone conduction drivers that sit outside the ear canal that makes it hard to compare directly...sounds similar enough to me. im more worried about the blown sound in the first place. does that ever happen?

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 4

I mean...there's probably no break in period for used IEMs. You probably want to return them just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back