Do I need a bank account linked to my PayPal in order to transfer money from it to my bank account?
Nov 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lostsoundman

New Head-Fier
All I have linked is my debit card, not my bank account. It's just unverified, not limited. It's a newer account.

If I make some online sales say from eBay, can I transfer this money to my bank account if I only have my debit linked? The PayPal customer service is useless!

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 8
  All I have linked is my debit card, not my bank account. It's just unverified, not limited. It's a newer account.

If I make some online sales say from eBay, can I transfer this money to my bank account if I only have my debit linked? The PayPal customer service is useless!

So your using the Visa feature on your debit card?
I'm assuming the funds paid to you thru PayPal automatically feed into a bank account (maybe there is a slight delay), even if your using the Visa feature.
Paypal will allow new users to use the Visa service (or other credit cards), but visa charges fees to Paypal for the use.
After you have reach the credit card limit (set by PayPal), Paypal will require you to link your Paypal account directly to a bank account and you will no longer be able to use Visa or other credit cards with Paypal.
I believe after I had $10,000 worth of Visa transactions with PayPal, PayPal required me to switch to a back account

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 8
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ859&topicID=ADD_WITHDRAW_MONEY&m=TCI

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ413&topicID=PAYPAL_DEBIT_MASTERCARD&m=TCI

The answer is not with a "regular" debit card. And that's due to recent fraud apparently.
You can however also have PayPal cut you a check, if you're reluctant to give them your banking details.

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 8

So your using the Visa feature on your debit card?
I'm assuming the funds paid to you thru PayPal automatically feed into a bank account (maybe there is a slight delay), even if your using the Visa feature.
Paypal will allow new users to use the Visa service (or other credit cards), but visa charges fees to Paypal for the use.
After you have reach the credit card limit (set by PayPal), Paypal will require you to link your Paypal account directly to a bank account and you will no longer be able to use Visa or other credit cards with Paypal.
I believe after I had $10,000 worth of Visa transactions with PayPal, PayPal required me to switch to a back account

Visa feature? This is all confusing to me I hate bank related stuff! I just opened this PayPal because I've been wanting to sell some old audio equipment on eBay. I'm not making any large transactions like that, just a few hundred bucks for this particular sale I'm worried about. Since it's new I only linked my debit card information. The rep I spoke with mentioned a fee, she said 2.9% I think. I'm just worried that when I get my payment through PayPal, I won't be able to use it at all because my account is unverified. I think you basically answered my concerns though, I'm just a control freak and also if this sale gets messed up because PayPal sucks sometimes then I won't be able to get new audio equips (my ATH-M50's blew lol).

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Don't worry, you don't have to link your bank account to verify it. You can verify your account by making a 2$ payment (the instructions should be on paypal)
And Just to let you know: you don't need to verify your account in order to make/receive payments, the fees are mandatory though (that's how they make money)

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 8
Or bank customer service. All the issues I had before between bank and the PayPal I was able to solve with this customers bank customer service.
Of course not all of the banks are that flexible and not all bank workers want to spend their time solving such an issues.
Here you need to find a very personal approach and ask them for help nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back