Do decent wireless headphones exist?
Feb 2, 2007 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

erality

New Head-Fier
Alas, my trusty cans served me faithfully for years, but the cord got tripped over one too many times and both ears snapped off. Now I'm considering cutting the cord on my audio life.

So, is there such thing as a $25-35 pair of comfortable, good-sounding, not-too-bulky, decent battery life over-the-ear pair of wireless cans? Other preferences would be self-adjusting, 15-foot range, good (but not heavy) bass, and great audio for movie watching.

Or would I be better off keeping myself leashed to my computer and TV with a non-wireless pair?

Feb 2, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 5
From what I've read, there is no good-sounding wireless headphone. You can drop $750 on the AKG Hearo system at TTVJ, but it probably sounds like something more along the lines of the quality of a PX100 or HD201 . . . purely speculation here.

TTVJ: "This is clearly the best wireless headphone system on the market. Very good transmission and even better sound. Still just a shade behind a cabled headphone for sound but as a wireless it cannot be beat. The surround is very believable and what we would also consider the best available for headphone. If you need the best wireless headphone or watch a lot of movies and wireless is your chioce, this is all you'll ever need."

Not exactly what I'm looking to spend $750 on.

Alternatively, there is the AKG K206afc for under $100 (email Todd for the actual price) at TTVJ.

EDIT: I do recall seeing some Ratshack ones for $40, but I bet they're just awful.

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 5
The Hearo 999 is a very good headphone and transmitter. I can recommend it as as the finest wireless I have heard. The AKG K206 afc sounds pretty good - it is not going to blow you away for sound quality but it is a reliable wireless performer.

Todd

Feb 2, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the tips
580smile.gif
I'll check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back