Do dacs need "burn in"?
Dec 18, 2008 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi i just bought the ultra micro dac and its great, but will it be even more great after some burn in time?.. i knoe that amp do need some burn in time, and i just wondering if its loke that in dacs too.
thx.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 5
Tyll himself has said before on this forum that electonics don't seem dependent on burn-in, that in his experience differences in circuit components shine through right off the bat.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 5
The affect of burn-in is a controversial.
Some believe and claim to hear a difference from burn-in, while other just shake their head and call them lunatics.

I am a believer!
smile.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 5
I think its probably a combination of your ears and mind getting used to the sound and the components themselves bedding in. I believe in burn in more for components like vacuum tubes than something like resistors and capacitors.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by eboomer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll himself has said before on this forum that electonics don't seem dependent on burn-in, that in his experience differences in circuit components shine through right off the bat.

Who are you again?

What do you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think its probably a combination of your ears and mind getting used to the sound

I think it may be this more than anything.

I don't think burn in is a significant effect for the most part with components.

Moving gizmos prolly moreso. Drivers, LP cartridges, speakers, etc.

Mostly I don't worry about it, but there is something to it.

Sometimes it's quite significant though. K701s friggen need it bad!

Sorry eboomer, you got it close, but don't talk for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back