Do any True wireless in ears rival the Sony WF-1000XM4's for up to around $400?
Nov 4, 2023 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ScaryFatKidGT

500+ Head-Fier
I have the Sony WF-1000XM4's and they are pretty good but how do the Sennheiser momentums compare or stuff from Klipsch or B&O or B&W? so any higher end audiophile brands make true wireless yet?

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 6
It's universally accepted that Samsung buds 2 pro have the best tuning among tws.
It's a shame that they don't support ldac/aptx. They rely on a proprietary codec that they claim supports lossless 24/96. If you don't own a Samsung phone you're stuck with AAC 320 kbps

Nov 4, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 6
It's universally accepted that Samsung buds 2 pro have the best tuning among tws.
It's a shame that they don't support ldac/aptx. They rely on a proprietary codec that they claim supports lossless 24/96. If you don't own a Samsung phone you're stuck with AAC 320 kbps
Universally accepted? Not sure about that. You mean Harman target? Maybe. The rest of your statement is at best opinion. Come over to the tws thread and discuss. There’s lots of great tws that beat the Samsung. As for the OPs question, tws probably won’t compete with full sized cans. As for tws from high end companies, yeah pretty much everyone you mentioned and more makes tws. We have a 5000 page thread right here on headfi.

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Universally accepted? Not sure about that. You mean Harman target? Maybe. The rest of your statement is at best opinion. Come over to the tws thread and discuss. There’s lots of great tws that beat the Samsung. As for the OPs question, tws probably won’t compete with full sized cans. As for tws from high end companies, yeah pretty much everyone you mentioned and more makes tws. We have a 5000 page thread right here on headfi.
WF's not the WH's so I'm talking true wireless in ears

Just wondering if 1. Any of the other "premium brands" competed and 2. If any "audiophile" brands like Sennheiser, Focal, Audeze etc made any that would compete or be better.

Nov 7, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the XM4, which I replaced with the B&O EX. Really depends what you are looking for in terms of better- sound, ANC, app, fit, finish etc. The B&O for me beats the Sony in every aspect except for the ANC. That being said, I’ve stopped listening to tws and moved back to wired as sound quality is my main priority rather than convenience.

For close to audiophile sound in a tws, the current favourites are the Noble Fokus range and the Hifiman Svanar, but you will lose out in terms of stuff like ANC, apps etc, which are the main advantages of a tws.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back