DIY "Derelique" Sennheiser HD 700 Ear Pads - The looks don't matter, it's what it sounds and feels like that counts!
Dec 30, 2020 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ishkhan

New Head-Fier
For you few out there that have HD 700 and actually like to use them, hello sisters and brothers.

Most people buy €40 headphones and think, "Ye this sounds pretty good, I'll just dial the bass 1000%...". Then there are the people who spend €500-10000 and no matter what there is some 'issue'. Then there is the controversial HD 700 Issues. The things people have done to their 700's to fix the 'issues' would amount to body horror if people were headphones. Well, here is my entry and it's not pretty.

The greatest issues that people have with this headphone is the sibilance and sharp 6kHz. Mods have all addressed this issue with padding and whatnot in an attempt to dampen the effect. I've tried them and imo they are more placebo than anything else. So I started experimenting. Instead of trying to calculate the acoustics for the cup form and create some elaborate wave traps I thought to myself: I don't want the drivers to not only sing to me, but to also touch and caress me. Thus the objective is to mod the the earpads in such a way that they carry the favorite frequency of humanity. The bass.

HD700CUSTOMMOD.png

I'm sure that this can be made to look way nicer. Personally I enjoy the scrappy hobo look ever since being exposed to Derelique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back