Direct to the Heart Drive - The pioneer PLC-590
Mar 16, 2010 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mark_h

Headphoneus Supremus
The lure of vinyl is to strong I sold all my kit under duress of sorts but the compelling sound of vinyl and the holistic lifestyle it creates just draws you back in, whether it is 1 year later or 20 years later the spinning black disc's gravitational pull will draw you in once again.

But what deck, I have had idlers, LP12's suspended, magnetic, ceramic etc. Something I had never really has was direct drive hence the PLC (One fell across my path)

Here it is via the iphone -

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...g/IMG_0123.jpg

It is, without doubt, the best turntable I have heard to date. So significant is the gap between it and my previous decks that my jaw dropped on several occasions, even before dialing in the arm and cartridge, this thing is like a lump of lead upon which the platter, arm and cartridge float, seemingly without friction or deviation.

Hailing from the pioneer Series 20 system, a money no object range it was aimed specifically at the audiophile and used the finest components available at the time. I wish you could hear this thing, I really do, it represents one of those purchases where you say, "Yes - I have just taken a huge step up the audio ladder!"

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 2
A very cool read Mark. There is that bitter-sweet exultation at finally finding that piece of gear that locks it all into to place for you, only to find that you are now so lost in the music that the gear is forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back