Different tips for SA6
Sep 7, 2008 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
What are some different tips I can buy for the SA6? I know there are the Shure and Comply foamies, I have tried the Shure in medium and it hurt my ears as any other kind of foam did. I like the silicone because I barely feel it there and it isolates well. What else is there for the SA6?

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 8
I use the Jays but they dont fit the SA6 perfectly but like you said I dont even feel them in there really. The treble tube sticks out to the very end of the tip but it doesnt bother me any. I think ive lost a touch of bass though over the olives but similar to the stockers.

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by metllicamilitia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are some different tips I can buy for the SA6? I know there are the Shure and Comply foamies, I have tried the Shure in medium and it hurt my ears as any other kind of foam did. I like the silicone because I barely feel it there and it isolates well. What else is there for the SA6?

You might try the Zen Aurvana silicones. They are a single flange design exactly the same as the Shure silicones but with a larger center hole.

By the way, for those who have the SA6, what size is the nozzle? The same as the UE3, 5 and 10 or slightly smaller like the UE4? or are they the size of the Q-Jays?

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 8
I use small olives, and T100 slims (though I've just ordered T100 standards, to see if size makes a difference). With the slims, I barely feel like anything is in my ear, and they just about make a seal. But I warn you, they are tiny (compared to the small olives).

If the medium olives hurt your ears, chances are they're too big, try smaller tips. The "finding the perfect tip" adventure is really worth the time and energy, trust me.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by metllicamilitia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about gel tips? Are there any that fit the SA6?

The Klipsch Ear Gels (which, as far as I know, are the only "gel" tips in existence...and which are quite possibly just silicone) do fit the SA6, but good luck getting your hands on some. Despite stating plans to sell them separately, Klipsch still has yet to do so.
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 8
when I owned my Sleeks, I used Ety 4p triple flanges. Personally, I love Ety triple flanges and find them quite comfortable. But that's personal opinion. Yours may differ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back