Differences between Metro Fi 2 vs 200?
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sinz

New Head-Fier
I saw a Futureshop ad selling the UE Metro.Fi 200 for 50 dollars, 30 dollars off Future Shop: iPod & MP3 Players: Headphones: Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 200-BK Earphones (UEMFI200-BK) - Black and Silver which I think a good deal compared to the UE Metro.Fi 2 selling at $80. If you guys would be so kind, what are the differences between the two models? I read a review from Amazon.com saying that the bass on the 200 is "low" is that correct? There's not much I can compare between the models in terms of reviews, reviews are mixed. I appreciate the advice. Thank you.

- Sinz

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm no where near the expert that most people on here are, nor do I know what the difference between the two is, but I can tell you that I bought a pair of the Metro.fi 200's a couple weeks ago, and I am incredibly impressed. I am upgrading(or downgrading depending on how you look at it) from a pair of the Bose In-Ear headphones, and this sound is sooo much better. The range of these extend much further in both directions, and the mids are more defined as well. Like I said though....I'm no expert, and I don't have much experience with IEM's, all I can tell you is that these have the best sound coming from any headphones that have ever tried(however limited).

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 3
Just bought a pair of the metro.fi 200's .

.. at first I thought they sounded ..pretty bad. ... waaay tooo much BASS ..
and muddled mids and highs. But a quick "kramer mod" (pulling out the metal filter at the end of the earpiece) has changed the sound so there is no more overpowering bass and the mids/highs have cleaned up a bit .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back