Did you buy K701's NEW? USED?
Mar 8, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #31 of 65
I bought my beautiful and amazing k701s new (but then again, I don't buy used cans) and it's been a love affair since I hit the 800-ish hour marker.

Brand new....they hurt my eardrums---no other can changed so much during burn in. These are like fine wine....yadda yadda
*peace*

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #32 of 65
another bump in an attempt to keep this poll on the 1st page.
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #33 of 65
Bought a K701 new at a Guitar Center store...2 (
confused.gif
) years ago for $380.

Sold it a long time ago though; its sound, build, and looks just weren't for me.
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #35 of 65
dang, now i fully understand why head-fi has a reputation for destroying wallets.

I just ordered hfi-780's a few days back and they haven't even arrived yet. But after seeing more and more about the K701, i'm seriously itching to get a pair to complement my Ultrasones. They sure do look beautiful.

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #36 of 65
i bought them new, serial° 16981. Great deal.. and after 6 months the thin pieces of transparent plastic are breaking off. Have to send them back for reimbursment or exchange.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #37 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought them new, serial° 16981. Great deal.. and after 6 months the thin pieces of transparent plastic are breaking off. Have to send them back for reimbursment or exchange.

Purchased Six months ago, Hmmmm... Methinks you don't understand how most warranties work.

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Purchased Six months ago, Hmmmm... Methinks you don't understand how most warranties work.

what would make you think that i don't know how a warranty works ?

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #41 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine used (free) from ASR and believe they are well broken in. Also what is everybodys Serial # as I don't think there are many less than mine: 2229

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #42 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what would make you think that i don't know how a warranty works ?

They may replace the headphones (I'm not sure what parts are falling off) but after six months there is no way AKG is going to reimburse you. Since you wrote "send them back for reimbursment or exchange." One can only assume that you believe that reimbursement is part of normal warranty coverage.

They are obviously covered under warranty, but the warranty does not offer a reimbursement option. Hence my jokingly writing my comment. Or do you think that people are serious when they write "Methinks"?

Mar 12, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #44 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They may replace the headphones (I'm not sure what parts are falling off) but after six months there is no way AKG is going to reimburse you. Since you wrote "send them back for reimbursment or exchange." One can only assume that you believe that reimbursement is part of normal warranty coverage.

What you say about AKG's warranty might be true , but i'm talking about the retailer's warranty.

They are obviously covered under warranty, but the warranty does not offer a reimbursement option. Hence my jokingly writing my comment. Or do you think that people are serious when they write "Methinks"?

English is not my native language, and i thought you forgot the space between "me" and "thinks".

cheers

Mar 12, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #45 of 65
Ahaa... If Belgium has retailers that offer a refund after six months I obviously live in the wrong country. In the US normally the longest we have for a refund is 30 Days.

Except for a chain of stores called Payless. I once saw them issue a refund for a pair of shoes that had obviously been worn for at least six months. After the fact the manager and I laughed at it. He said that it was company policy, then he tossed the shoes into the trash.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back