Denver Meet
Aug 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ethan7000

1000+ Head-Fier
Looks like I missed the one in June.  Any possibility for another meet this year?

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 9
Sorry, no plans on another meet until next summer. But CanJam@RMAF is coming up in October: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669567/2013-canjam-rmaf-oct-11-13-2013-one-of-the-worlds-finest-headphone-audio-shows

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks so much for the link, I'll be there!

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 9
  Yes, October CANJAM @ RMAF, Denver

Ummm, I was there in 2014, and threre really isn't a good place for a meet, unless you have it the night before at another location. I'm talking people bringing their rigs to a central location and hanging out all day listing and talking headphones. RMAF is more of a conference/expo.

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 9
yes you are right.

In many years past at RMAF, it used to be that Jude had a number of tables setup for members to bring their stuff to listen and share.  I know several Denver folks got tired of bringing stuff each year and having to hang with their gear when all the other goodies at the show were tempting them.  I don't suspect we would go back to the old way.

ASR used to organize meets but has been really busy last few years.  You may wish to take the task of organizing a Denver local meet, I am sure you would get a decent turnout if centrally located. I would be glad to participate.

EDIT:

Ooops I just recalled you are in NM.  Heck, you may wish to see if the Dallas guys are doing anything soon. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 9
yes you are right.

In many years past at RMAF, it used to be that Jude had a number of tables setup for members to bring their stuff to listen and share.  I know several Denver folks got tired of bringing stuff each year and having to hang with their gear when all the other goodies at the show were tempting them.  I don't suspect we would go back to the old way.

ASR used to organize meets but has been really busy last few years.  You may wish to take the task of organizing a Denver local meet, I am sure you would get a decent turnout if centrally located. I would be glad to participate.

EDIT:

Ooops I just recalled you are in NM.  Heck, you may wish to see if the Dallas guys are doing anything soon. 

Thanks. I'm way closer to denver than Dallas, both in miles and politics :)

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 9
Any meet planned for 2015?

I'm unlikely to organize one for 2015 at this point due to various factors, but I definitely encourage someone else to take the initiative! I actually did some location scouting earlier in the year and found a pretty nice place to hold a meet, the Standley Lake Library in Arvada. They have a meeting room that's just the right size for the CO local meets and costs just $50 for a day. Front Range Community College in Westminster also had some nice conference rooms, but those were more expensive (I'd imagine faculty/staff/students might get a discount).

I don't know if I'll still be living in Colorado next year to organize a meet in 2016, but if I am, I just might organize one, will just have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back