Denon AHC 551
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mikeyologi

New Head-Fier
I have recently bought a pair of Denon AHC 551 headphones, now i have run them in they sound amazing but i am having a problem, every time i walk with them in they fall out because of the weight of the extension. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to the problem, i was considering getting some Comply foam earbuds but don't know if they will help??

Cheers

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Good purchase, those phones are bulletproof.

Are you sure you have a good fit? I had a hell of a time getting a fit with those. An easy way to tell is to push edit:lightly behind your ears on the bottom, if the sound changes drastically in the low end your seal is bunk.

Comply foams feel heavenly, stay in solid, and you can't beat the sound. But, they wear out quickly if you are going to be taking them in and out. If you have the money do it.

If you're thinking tips, another alternative is the clear tips that come with skull candy full metal jacket. They are a different type of material, but basically the same shape and gave me twice the seal; plus they are more durable than complys.

You can get them other places under whatever name but here's a quick link.
Replacement Ear Gels [GELS] : Skullcandy

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 7
cheers for your feedback guys, i have manged to find a clip off an old hands free kit, works a charm, can't believe i didnt think of it! Just ordered a set of comply foam tips as well, I looked for the Skullcandy ones, but I'm in the UK and cant seem to find any sellers!

Thanks again.

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 7
If you can't get the Skullcandy tips you may want to try the UE Bi-flanges. I've had great success with mine... Whilst I lost my seal repeatedly after a few minutes of usage in the past with the stock tips, I've had no problems with a loss of seal with the UE Bi-flanges.

Obviously your mileage will vary since everyone's ears canals are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back