Dear Toddski
May 22, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Dear Todd,

I know who you are. You and I have had our little troubles even. I have absolutely no reason to post here (this is actually my first in your forum area, I think) and have absolutely no good reason to make a comment or help you out in any way, in fact, it's in my best interest to see you dangling at the end of your rope. BUT, I know who you are, and had I the least need, I'd be first to stand in line at your doorstep to be your customer.

That little secret agent man, well, you and I both know what a twerp he's made of himself, but I just wanted to chime in here for anybody who has the least little bit of doubt as to your character and intent as a businessman NOT to spend an erg of energy doubting your decision to purchase something from this fine gent.

Get well, Toddski, 'cause I'd love to stop buy and have a beer with you sometime this weekend. And watch out, things could be flooding a bit here soon!

Cheers,

Tyll

May 22, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 11
Hi Tyll,

Thanks for the post. As for beer this weekend - come on out. Got some good homeland beer (Belgian) for you to sip on. Going to Yellowstone Park on Monday so earlier in the LONG weekend would be better (unless you want to drink alone:>) Or come on out tonight for listening night.

Todd

May 23, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Todd,

I know who you are. You and I have had our little troubles even.

I'm glad I came across this thread after reading James Banned's rants. My first order from Todd was for my HF-1. Given the frenzy over that ordering process, I was amazed at how cool and collected he was. Then, weeks later, Todd and I got into it a little bit in one of the threads about people selling HF-1s for a profit, etc. Shortly thereafter, I met Todd at a Meet (first National maybe?), introduced myself, and said I felt bad about our (minor) spat. Todd was gracious and cool and the incident was forgotten right then and there. My point, should I ever get to it, is that Todd is a good, honest guy, who runs a good business. Does everything ship immediately like some giant etailer? No. Do we know that we're being dealt with honestly and fairly? Absolutely. I'll take that any day, thank you, and I will continue to order from Todd with confidence. Finally, Todd is a member of our community, which he has proved time and again by his sponsorship and participation in HF events.

Now, I do have one bone to pick with Todd, and it is that I find myself increasing tempted by vinyl, but that's another matter...
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 11
Being a long time TTVJ customer, I thought I would add something to this thread as well. I have been doing business for years now, and I have to say that I have never found a more honest and kind person in the audio business. He's the type of guy that actually tries to help you find the right product, even if the "right" product for you costs less than what you originally called him up to order. He stands firmly behind his product offerings and I am glad to call him a good friend as well. So if anyone has any doubts about ordering from Todd, I can tell you this: I have been doing business with him for over 8 years now, and I have never once been unsatisfied with his customer service or the products I have ordered from him that he has recommended to me.

Eric Dean

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 11
I have to agree with all the above commentaries about Todd. I started with a simple SOTA Moonbeam turntable and he was always concerned about my satisfaction. The Moonbeam developed some problems and SOTA replaced it only to have the problem surface again. This time working with Todd, I replaced the Moonbeam with the SOTA Comet. After that I ended up buying my Meridian G08 and just recently purchased my Meridian 808i.2. I can tell you Todd was just as concerned about my satisfaction with the SOTA Moonbeam as he is with the latest Meridian.

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 11
I haven't bought much from Todd, just some albums and a cartridge. One time a paticular album got backordered, and he let me know what was going on and did all he could to just get a $20 record to me. I really appreciate that, and the next time I need something I will definitely go to him. Thanks Todd!

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 11
Todd sold me my HE-90; I love him.

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 11
Todd is one of the best! He's sold me half of my rig and is so incredibly giving when I decide to trade up, and if one of his suppliers ends up dragging their ass on an order (I won't mention names, but Todd knows who I'm talking about) he does his best to crack the whip and get things running. He deserves an A+ just for picking up the phone on the third ring and listening to some of my stupid questions.

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #10 of 11
Todd's the Man.

...so is Tyll, except when he wears his kilt in public!
wink.gif

Both are on my preferred seller's list.

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...so is Tyll, except when he wears his kilt in public!
wink.gif

Kilt and a Hawaiian shirt? I need to get that image out of my head!!

Hey Todd, howvya been?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back