DC/Maryland Meet Impressions
Jul 9, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Here’s a scary pic of some scary cans. I did have a comprehensive 20 second listening test with these cans. I can tell you that they get the award, so far, for worst sounding cans at a meet. Yes, worse than the Bose Tri-ports. They had a frequency response something like 600 Hz to 3000 Hz, plus or minus … a lot.
meetdcthricewithcrapcans.jpg

Ah! Too close! Too close!

(PS That's not Thrice, that's me. Thrice is much better looking than that, even with the Ugliphones on.)

Oh, and they're mono! That's right, just when you thought they couldn't get any worse, they short things out when you plug them in. I stashed 'em before anyone could claim they ruined someone's amp. I'm going to rip open the cable and see if I can't make it stereo.

I just wanted to pop in a quick note and say thanks to Hirsch and all the other manufacturers, but especially Tyll, because -- I don't know if y'all had figured this out, but I didn't until later -- he gave up Father's Day for us. And he is a father. So thanks Tyll. For everything -- giving me the chance to listen to your new line, giving me the chance to listen to the dual monoblock Max (or whatever the amp formerly known as the Blockhead is called these days) again, for the cup, stickers, and everything. And thanks to Ivy for giving up her father on father's day for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back