DC area mini-meet - Sunday, June 5, 1-5 p.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #46 of 58
  Thanks, 1 more question 
biggrin.gif
 if I want to test my own music on DACs (if that's alright), should I bring my laptop or will my phone work?

DACs are more likely to work on your laptop but you may have driver hell.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #48 of 58
Bummer... looks like I won't be able to go:frowning2:

Sorry to hear that.
The Summer meet will be even closer to you. Hope to see you there!

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #49 of 58
Never had a problem with my Mac or Chromebook (on which I am currently typing). However I have found these to have weaker USB than my hulking PC laptop. But then as @Psalmanazar has suggested, a person can and (I have seen at previous meets) will run into driver issues.

I am actually bringing my phone to try to drive USB. If it works 
redface.gif

If it does not 
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #51 of 58
Hey guys, I really enjoyed today. It was great to meet everybody, and I look forward to getting to know you all. It was also really valuable to be able to listen to different headphones. I'd appreciate it if you guys could take a look at the post I made about getting my next headphones.

Thanks.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #53 of 58
Absolutely, thank you @yage for setup of the meet, and opportunity to listen to the Simaudio Moon NEO 430HAD. I agree it is difficult to make subtle audio measurements at meet conditions. I hope you still have time enough to write a proper review for Todd. I'm thoroughly convinced there is a treble in the HE-1000 that I'm starting to find objectionable, and listening to the 430HAD provided one of several solutions - an expensive one, but still a solution. But I'm wondering if I should wait for the impressions thread before posting more?

Key point of this post I'll repeat - thanks!

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #56 of 58
Damn looks like i missed another one of these.  I think I met a bunch of you last summer at one of the meets or at the first CanMania or one of the events BillHeiser put on.  I was the guy with AURALiC Taurus mk2 and regretfully brought my daughter... lol.  Anyway I hope to catch the next event.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #57 of 58
  Damn looks like i missed another one of these.  I think I met a bunch of you last summer at one of the meets or at the first CanMania or one of the events BillHeiser put on.  I was the guy with AURALiC Taurus mk2 and regretfully brought my daughter... lol.  Anyway I hope to catch the next event.

The big one is July 10:

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #58 of 58
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back