DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 Impressions
Nov 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #18 of 27
Later the same day of this meet, I received a pair of Beyerdynamic T51p.  I had traded my NAD HP50 for them, so that's why I didn't have the hp50 for sampling at the meet.  Nice portables.  But here's my little review comparing the two:    http://www.head-fi.org/t/741051/nad-hp50-versus-beyerdynamic-tp51p

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #22 of 27
That should give me time to get my balanced Dynahi build done. :)
Hopefully I can make the next one.

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #23 of 27
I'll be interested in joining for the Winter meet, once a proper date is decided.  Hopefully after mid-January so I can make it :wink:

I'm a little afraid that I'll have to shell out a ton of loot afterward, though, once I hear what the next level offers...

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #24 of 27
I'd love to go to a winter meet, though I probably focus more on bringing my amps instead of headphones this time. Besides, everyone was really excited to hear a Ragnarok and really bummed when they didn't arrive in time.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #25 of 27
I'd love to go to a winter meet, though I probably focus more on bringing my amps instead of headphones this time. Besides, everyone was really excited to hear a Ragnarok and really bummed when they didn't arrive in time.

I definitely want to audition the Ragnarok. I should have some new gear by then as well.

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #26 of 27
I would 100% be interested in a winter meetup around DC.  Shame I missed the November one -- I didn't get re-interested in new headphones until just a few weeks ago and I don't follow this forum enough when I'm not in the market to buy something different. 

A friend and I would go with a variety of gear. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #27 of 27

Last time it was a Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm, at George Mason Regional Library in Annandale.  That seemed to work well, had a lot of space, and sufficient elec outlets.  Shall we replicate?  Any preferences for a particular Saturday in February?
Barry S. took the lead on it last time, do you want to do it again?  If not, I'll be glad to reserve the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back