DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #289 of 297
Not really a show impression, which is why I'm posting it here.

I'm almost done with my Bifrost 4490 - did you guys @Billheiser and @gandhisfist get a chance to hear it? It is going back to market as soon as I can get some head time with my (backordered) next listening project. Asgard 2 is also going soon, but you both have your happy amplifiers. So I did not think that mattered as much.

Anyways, let me know. I could certainly let you borrow it to A/B versus your multibit.

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #290 of 297
  Not really a show impression, which is why I'm posting it here.

I'm almost done with my Bifrost 4490 - did you guys @Billheiser and @gandhisfist get a chance to hear it? It is going back to market as soon as I can get some head time with my (backordered) next listening project. Asgard 2 is also going soon, but you both have your happy amplifiers. So I did not think that mattered as much.

Anyways, let me know. I could certainly let you borrow it to A/B versus your multibit.

Thanks!  I didn't get to the 4490 at the meet, because I didn't get to 90% of all the cool gear there.  (I enjoyed all that I did hear, and really liked your HD800S).  Give @gandhisfist the first crack at it, I'm extra busy nowadays.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #291 of 297

Thanks!  I didn't get to the 4490 at the meet, because I didn't get to 90% of all the cool gear there.  (I enjoyed all that I did hear, and really liked your HD800S).  Give @gandhisfist the first crack at it, I'm extra busy nowadays.

Thankful for the offer @shaldaze, but in a similar situation.  I also just don't use my Schiit much these days, tend to use my Audio-GD stuff more regularly anyway.

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #292 of 297

Thankful for the offer @shaldaze, but in a similar situation.  I also just don't use my Schiit much these days, tend to use my Audio-GD stuff more regularly anyway.

Hey guys if you are that busy and want to lend your stuff away for a week I will gladly sacrifice myself for the greater good :p

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #293 of 297

Hey guys if you are that busy and want to lend your stuff away for a week I will gladly sacrifice myself for the greater good :p

For historical reference 
biggrin.gif

It was much more of a curiosity of my part - each of us from the DC group upgraded from Bifrost Uber to Bifrost Multibit. No one was able to hear the 4490. I found a good deal (would have been a better deal had it already included the USB ver 2, but that would not have given me the opportunity to hear USB ver 1) on an original Bifrost. So now I've had ear-time on every generation of Bifrost.

I'm just curious about stuff like that 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #294 of 297
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back