Dave Matthews Band - Live in Chicago 12.19.98
Oct 23, 2001 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
Hey guys, the resident DMB freak is happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Got home from school this afternoon and had this cd waiting for me. Nice service, had it at my door the day it was released. Anyway... listening through it now, skipped ahead to a few things, wanted to see how the tracks were... So far, here are the plusses, and a few disappointments.

Plusses:

The Last Stop - Great song, awesome, long, live version.

Victor Wooten on bass (from the Flecktones)!

Tim Reynolds on electric guitar - This is how the electric guitar should have sounded on their new album!

#40 - I'll take anything I can get.

The Maker - Hadn't heard it before, but it's good...

Christmas Song - Always a treat.

All Along the Watchtower - Very good version.

Disappointments:

#40 - UGH! I wanted the whole song, not just another 30sec intro! They shouldn't make it a whole track if it's only 30sec long, it's just a big tease
frown.gif

That's about it for the disappointments. This is a very good live release for anyone who likes DMB, and compares favorably with their other live cds. It still doesn't come close to the show they put on in Dallas this year though. 3+ hours in the blistering heat, 20 songs, they just kept going! Here's hopin' they release it in a monstrous 3-disc set for their next live release
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyway, just thought I'd put the word out that there's another great live release from DMB
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2001 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 10
Another live album???

Oct 23, 2001 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 10
Excellent - my fav. rock band.....in my fav. city.......YES!

Oct 23, 2001 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 10
Here's another plus... Dave going crazy at the end of So Much to Say... pretty cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Beagle, ya, another live album
smily_headphones1.gif

Alot of these songs can be found on previous live albums, but hey, they sound different each time, and I personally like having alot of versions of 'em. Each one has it's own personality. Anyway, alot of these songs are long... like 10:00+ with intros...w00t!

Oct 28, 2001 at 10:16 AM Post #5 of 10
How was their performance of "Lie in our graves". I'm interested in hearing that song live.

Nov 6, 2001 at 5:40 AM Post #7 of 10
I've got a bootleg of his performance with Tim Reynolds at my school in February '99, probably part of the same tour.
biggrin.gif

Add another live album to the tally!

(Actually, I had 2 versions from 2 people doing the bootleg recording, but one was really really bad
tongue.gif
)

Nov 6, 2001 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 10
Jaskin, Lie in Our Graves was good, but they've played it better. Check out Live at Red Rocks for a really good version... Also has a nice version of Recently and #36.

Still, none of the versions I've heard on CD compare to the one I heard here in Dallas. Over 20 minutes long, amazing solos by Butch Taylor and Boyd. It was great.

Nov 8, 2001 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 10
Flumpus, check out my site, link is below, i have quite a bunch of DMB boots (soundboard, fm, and some audience). Plus, some early 90's material.

George

Nov 9, 2001 at 12:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Beagle,

DMB releases a live album every 6 monthes now, since bootleggers can no longer plug into the soundboard for a "professional" copy (they stopped letting fans do this back in 1995). Guess its their way of curbing bootleg sales in indie shops and make their hardcore fans happy
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back