DAPs Compatible with Android Auto
May 1, 2019 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

noverbeck

Head-Fier
I will be getting a car with a lack of auxiliary input, which is my current method of connecting my DAP to my cars stereo. The car comes equipped with Android Auto. Does anyone have successful experience with DAPs that connect to it? I read they need Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, but without the car it is hard to tell if my DAP (Cayin N5iiS) will work. In the event it doesn't I would consider another DAP that does have connectivity.

May 16, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Since I got my 2014 Honda Civic, I have been asking the same (it's why I've arrived here). I just asked Headfonics and will post any response I get if no others arrive here. My car has 2 USB inputs, only accepts FAT32 formatted drives and Wav for lossless file, but it accepts any file format a smartphone plays via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto through the same USB inputs or via BT. In the past, I have asked but gotten no replies from Pioneer, Onkyo & A&K.

Update: Headfonics' quick response...

"Any DAP with BT and Android should be fine with Android Auto. If smartphones work on it then so should the DAPs as they use the same platform."

It seems to make sense, also since Google Play works on DAPs. But until I see it actually work, I'm suspect, just because my Honda's head unit is awful. I had to do a lot of experimenting to determine what files it plays and what USB drive format it accepts. All frustration and anxiety about what devices to buy based on deleting an aux jack.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back