DAP Recommendation for CIEM
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FrostyToast

New Head-Fier
I'm about to get a pair of Empire Ears Cerberus III Adels fitted for my ears and I was wondering what sort of DAP would be good to use.
I heard that IEMs can be very tricky with what is powering them due to having multiple drivers and being quite sensitive.
Before continuing, I should note that my absolute max budget is $500. Going anywhere near $500 would only be if I MUST have a specific device. In all honesty, I would like to stay in the $300+/- range.
I've briefly read that driving IEMs in balanced works better with multi-driver IEMs, though I don't know how true that is.
I've also read that the impedance for any monitor being driven should be 8-10 times that of the output impedance of the amplifier.
That would make it hard for me to find a suitable device for the Cerberus III Adel which has an impedance of 15 ohms; would I really need an amp with an output impedance as low as 1-2? Also, I have a little trouble with reading what ohm rating amplifiers/DAPs have as they sometimes list the output impedance and at other times, the recommended headphone impedance.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back