DACT vs GOLDPOINT attenuators --->
Jan 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #46 of 53
I have both Goldpoint, Dact, and others. Entire threads in DIY are dedicated to attenuators, discussed at length.

Define 'unbiased'? Doubt I could participate.

There are no simple 'which one better' answers - it depends.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #48 of 53
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #49 of 53
Thank you for replying, I've heard great things about attenuators listed and amazed you owned so many, but i'm interested in a Dact vs Goldpoint because it's oranges and oranges(or tangerines and oranges). As I know, modesty is valued in Denmark, if Dact makes the best 24 positioned, they wouldn't brag or stop Goldpoint from bragging.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #50 of 53
Justin at Headamp had a great deal on a balanced DACT, and that is the only reason I bought a couple, though only used one. From what I have actually, literally  heard, there is basically no sonic difference in the DACT and Goldpoint. Neither is a bad choice, though I did find the DACT harder to solder than the Goldpoint.

This is the one time I'd say go for whichever is cheaper, especially if the difference is significant.

I finally went to the Acoustic Dimensions because it is a 42 step, where the 23 step units left me lacking - always a half step off what I wanted, and with someone else's attenuation curve - these have my own curve.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #52 of 53
Not in my experience. Doubt you could measure or hear any difference.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #53 of 53
what about light dependant resistors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back