dac or amp for my dt990
Sep 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Negatic

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, i have a question thats been bothering me for the past few days. i have a limited budget and i'm trying to make the best decision possible here.

I've read that dt990 has a very clear and sharp sound, and also that dac is all about making the sound more clear and detailed. one thing i know for sure is that i need a good amp to power this headphone ( 250 ohm version ) i can't afford to get both a good dac and a good amp right now.

i could get the fiio e07 but the amp wouldn't be enough for this headphone since it maxes on 150 ohm. so i was thinking if dt990 already has a very clear and detailed sound, can i just get the fiio e09 desktop amp and not worry about the dac ?

which do you think is the best choice here, fiio e07 which is weaker on amping, or the fiio e09 which doesn't have a dac ? 

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hey guys, i have a question thats been bothering me for the past few days. i have a limited budget and i'm trying to make the best decision possible here.

I've read that dt990 has a very clear and sharp sound, and also that dac is all about making the sound more clear and detailed. one thing i know for sure is that i need a good amp to power this headphone ( 250 ohm version ) i can't afford to get both a good dac and a good amp right now.

i could get the fiio e07 but the amp wouldn't be enough for this headphone since it maxes on 150 ohm. so i was thinking if dt990 already has a very clear and detailed sound, can i just get the fiio e09 desktop amp and not worry about the dac ?

which do you think is the best choice here, fiio e07 which is weaker on amping, or the fiio e09 which doesn't have a dac ? 

What is your budget? Is it $100 or $200 or? If you have $200 you can buy a Schiit Magni and Modi stack. Or you can get a Schiit Magni and Modi used for $125 to $150 with cables and everything. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 4

Get the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X open headphones, they are only 40-Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back