DAC/Amp for HD660S2
Oct 27, 2023 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ozzy B

Head-Fier
Hi,

please if anyone can recommend DAC/amp which will do justice for HD660S2.

I have couple of hundreds to spend, but I am old bloke a little bit lost in all those options today I can see on the internet.

I am not sure which option can properly drive this phones first, and if so, can it provide let say very good SQ.

I appreciate dynamics, snap, natural timbre and balanced sound. Not grey and washed out or dark or bright.

Fiio and Ifi can be find where I am. Will some of their units go in hand with this phones or I should look higher up the ladder?

I will appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 6
I'd recommend the Fiio K7 (£189 standard or £229 with a bluetooth module), outstanding sound in both SE and Balanced outputs. Powerful enough for the HD660S2. I owned the K7 and was well impressed. Upgraded to the K9 (Standard edition) and, yes its an upgrade, but the K7 runs it close enough for your budget.

The new K11 is cheaper but its too early to say at the moment (have not seen many reviews) if it would be a decent match for you. That model is £119 and would save you some ££ (or $ if you are in the USA).

But for pure bang for your buck I'd go for the K7.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #3 of 6
The JDS Atom + stack or Topping l30 II E30 II are plenty of power and transparency. The new Schiit Heretic Modi 3, or SMSL DL200 if you want an all in one. The Toppings DX5 is a favorite of mine, the lite version is the same without MQA support.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you very much guys. This is exactly what I needed. My Fiio dealer also have Topping on stock, but Schiit is unfortunately unavailable here.

I believe that something you recommend from Fiio and Topping would be perfect.

Will post my findings after the acquisition.

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 6
If you can get either the Topping EX5 or DX5 you can't go wrong. I just got the EX5 and it's got the same power on all connectors, and really low noise floor for IEMs. The DX5 lite version might be the best price, since nobody uses MQA anymore and you don't have to pay extra for it. Both sound stunningly clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back