D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #196 of 204
  has anyone here heard the sennheiser amperiors? found a good deal on refurb, and wondering if it is something I'd like, though I have the momentum on-ear and they have too much bass. Tyll seems to find the amperior much more balanced though. anyone have any thoughts on it?

HD 25 but not as good. It's actually even brighter, the aluminum is dentable, the drivers less resolving, and the aluminum cup slider piece tends to wear down. Why would you buy the less tank, slightly more offensive sounding version of a tank portable headphone?

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #198 of 204
  HD 25 but not as good. It's actually even brighter, the aluminum is dentable, the drivers less resolving, and the aluminum cup slider piece tends to wear down. Why would you buy the less tank, slightly more offensive sounding version of a tank portable headphone?

hmm, I thought it was supposed to be warmer. The deal ended though, so my wallet is in the clear. Also, the cable looks like a real pain. They were avaiable for $90 as a refurb model, and I don't really have any decent portables

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #199 of 204
  hmm, I thought it was supposed to be warmer. The deal ended though, so my wallet is in the clear. Also, the cable looks like a real pain. They were avaiable for $90 as a refurb model, and I don't really have any decent portables

It has cleaner bass due to rubber (or foam. I don't remember) dampeners in the cups. You can always mod the HD 25 yourself to get most of the benefits of the aluminum versions without the drawbacks.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #200 of 204
Aug 25, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #202 of 204
I know this is going to sound pretty nonspecific but does anyone remember a room where they were showing of room treatments?

I remember a room, maybe at the end up the upper floor of rooms that had a fairly basic system in it that sounded pretty great.  The guy started talking about the system and I remember thinking that that wasn't very likely but it turned out that he was selling room treatments or a service for room treatment so he was showing what could be done with a pretty basic system.

Beyond that, anyone know of any reasonably priced services that will come in and determine specific needs?  I'd like to treat my greatroom but not too much since it already has a pretty particular look to it that I want to keep.  i'm an engineer but after a couple days of reading about sound analysis software, I....just dont want to spend my time trying to figure it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back