TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX
Aug 3, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #166 of 246
Custom Art Harmony 8.2 (Tour Loaner mini review)

Thanks to both Piotrus-g and Barra for allowing this Tour to take place.

Build Quality:
Excellent. Wonderfully compact and light weight as well as extremely comfortable to wear. My choice of included tips from the tour were the black double flanged silicone ones which yielded a great fit for me. I was also partial to the included cable which again was compact, lightweight, and of good quality.

Sound Impressions:
The first thing I was immediately struck by was the wonderful clarity, resolution, and fullness of the Harmony 8.2’s presentation. The effect is to immediately draw one into their musical performance of choice. The tuning of this IEM is stellar. Never fatiguing, yet all is present. Cymbals retain their inherent sizzle and airiness while bass drum thumps have the ability to punch you when it’s necessary. Bass frequencies are full, articulate, and never muddy in nature. On tracks that contain sub-bass info you’ll easily detect their presence. Mids are precise, yielding a very natural and upfront presentation. Acoustic guitars retain their realism with just the right amount of overtones. Vocals both male and female sound very intimate, with all their inflections and nuances captured. The music never sounds congested, rather each instrument can be easily distinguished, extracted, and focused upon at will. My compliments to Piotr for an outstanding job on the Harmony 8.2! Highly recommended! :)
I honestly don't look forward to having to return them! :frowning2:

All tracks used for this mini review are FLAC based. Playback via my standalone Pono Player or Pono Player/O2 Headphone Amp combo.

1) Dire Straits (Love Over Gold - 44.1kHz, 24bit) - Private Investigations

2) Daft Punk (Random Access Memory - 44.1kHz,16 bit) - Giorgio By Moroder

3) Soundgarden (Superunknown - Super Deluxe - 192kHz, 24 bit) - Like Suicide

4) The Glitch Mob (Love Death Immortal- 44.1kHz, 24bit)- Can’t Kill Us

5) Tool (Lateralus - 96kHz, 24 bit) - Schism

6) Lady Antebellum (Heartbreak - 48kHz, 24 bit) - Famous

7) Moody Blues (Days Of Future Passed - 96kHz, 24 bit) - The Day Begins

8) Audioslave (Audioslave - 44.1kHz, 16 bit) - Like A Stone

9) Allison Krauss (Windy City Deluxe - 96kHz, 24bit) - River In The Rain

10) Mark Knopfler (Tracker Deluxe Edition - 192kHz, 24bit) - Silver Eagle

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #167 of 246
Custom Art Harmony 8.2 (Tour Loaner mini review)

Thanks to both Piotrus-g and Barra for allowing this Tour to take place.

Build Quality:
Excellent. Wonderfully compact and light weight as well as extremely comfortable to wear. My choice of included tips from the tour were the black double flanged silicone ones which yielded a great fit for me. I was also partial to the included cable which again was compact, lightweight, and of good quality.

Sound Impressions:
The first thing I was immediately struck by was the wonderful clarity, resolution, and fullness of the Harmony 8.2’s presentation. The effect is to immediately draw one into their musical performance of choice. The tuning of this IEM is stellar. Never fatiguing, yet all is present. Cymbals retain their inherent sizzle and airiness while bass drum thumps have the ability to punch you when it’s necessary. Bass frequencies are full, articulate, and never muddy in nature. On tracks that contain sub-bass info you’ll easily detect their presence. Mids are precise, yielding a very natural and upfront presentation. Acoustic guitars retain their realism with just the right amount of overtones. Vocals both male and female sound very intimate, with all their inflections and nuances captured. The music never sounds congested, rather each instrument can be easily distinguished, extracted, and focused upon at will. My compliments to Piotr for an outstanding job on the Harmony 8.2! Highly recommended! :)
I honestly don't look forward to having to return them! :frowning2:

All tracks used for this mini review are FLAC based. Playback via my standalone Pono Player or Pono Player/O2 Headphone Amp combo.

1) Dire Straits (Love Over Gold - 44.1kHz, 24bit) - Private Investigations

2) Daft Punk (Random Access Memory - 44.1kHz,16 bit) - Giorgio By Moroder

3) Soundgarden (Superunknown - Super Deluxe - 192kHz, 24 bit) - Like Suicide

4) The Glitch Mob (Love Death Immortal- 44.1kHz, 24bit)- Can’t Kill Us

5) Tool (Lateralus - 96kHz, 24 bit) - Schism

6) Lady Antebellum (Heartbreak - 48kHz, 24 bit) - Famous

7) Moody Blues (Days Of Future Passed - 96kHz, 24 bit) - The Day Begins

8) Audioslave (Audioslave - 44.1kHz, 16 bit) - Like A Stone

9) Allison Krauss (Windy City Deluxe - 96kHz, 24bit) - River In The Rain

10) Mark Knopfler (Tracker Deluxe Edition - 192kHz, 24bit) - Silver Eagle

Thank you for your kind review!

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #174 of 246
You'll have to ask eldss about that. The tour kit arrived yesterday. He assured me someone would be home to sign for it and no one was. He was supposed to pick it up from the PO today, but so far still no update. :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #175 of 246
Sorry guys, I was on an overseas work trip, so I had to request the package be held at the post office. I'll reach home in a few hours and will go directly to pick it up and update everyone.

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #176 of 246
IMG_3673.JPG
Just reporting that I just picked up the package from the post office. All seems fine, but I'll have to do some tip rolling, as my trusty spinfits don't work with these nozzles and my ears. I'll be mailing these out to next person on Tuesday.

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #177 of 246
All seems fine, but I'll have to do some tip rolling, as my trusty spinfits don't work with these nozzles and my ears.
Not sure if it helps, but with my universal Ei.3 I have found that the double flange tips are easily the best option to hear what they are capable of. I found it made a significant impact on clarity and a bit in the bass response as well. It did take me a while to figure out how to wear them comfortably and they are a bit fiddly at times, but well worth the trouble to hear the sound as close to the CIEM-sound as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back