Custom IEMs fit question
Jan 11, 2021 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hd101

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of CIEMs and the left CIEM is perfect, there is no pain whatsoever on that side. However, the right CIEMs does cause slight discomfort after wearing it for long periods of time, or if I'm laying down which causes my ears to bend slightly. Because of this slight discomfort on my right ear (which doesn't appear on the left side at all, no matter what I do) I think that the fit isn't quite right. However I would like to stress that the discomfort is only very slight, so I'm not sure if this is considered normal and acceptable.

Does this sound normal or sounds like it needs a slight adjustment?

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 3
I have a pair of CIEMs and the left CIEM is perfect, there is no pain whatsoever on that side. However, the right CIEMs does cause slight discomfort after wearing it for long periods of time, or if I'm laying down which causes my ears to bend slightly. Because of this slight discomfort on my right ear (which doesn't appear on the left side at all, no matter what I do) I think that the fit isn't quite right. However I would like to stress that the discomfort is only very slight, so I'm not sure if this is considered normal and acceptable.

Does this sound normal or sounds like it needs a slight adjustment?
Weird no replies yet. This definitely sounds like it warrants a refit. Customs can be a hit or miss though, I'd probably recommend getting another set of impressions done too, just to eliminate the possibility that you had a bad impression the first time around.

If this your first pair of CIEM's, your ear might also not be used to the feeling of having something in there. You should've adjusted by now though (a week is usual) so any more discomfort is grounds for a refit.

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Weird no replies yet. This definitely sounds like it warrants a refit. Customs can be a hit or miss though, I'd probably recommend getting another set of impressions done too, just to eliminate the possibility that you had a bad impression the first time around.

If this your first pair of CIEM's, your ear might also not be used to the feeling of having something in there. You should've adjusted by now though (a week is usual) so any more discomfort is grounds for a refit.
Thanks for your reply! I have contacted the manufacturer and they agreed to the refit so I am sending it back to them today. I would like to stress that the discomfort is only minor after wearing it for a few hours, so I thought maybe I was being too fussy about this. I'm glad to know that I'm not and that it warrants a refit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back