Custom fit ACS - Not happy with moulding availability. Coverage and timings available patchy
May 2, 2009 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pjw241142

100+ Head-Fier
Obviously I am really looking forward to having this done. However, the availability of times for mouldings in my part of the South East of England (Chesham) is not good and most of them are only available one (working) day a week in Boots pharmacists. The ones with better availability are Brent Cross (no near tube) and Kennsington (South London). In the end as I work 5 days a week I have had to delay this to 5th June (Boots at Hemel) , some 5 weeks after I bought the voucher with a further 3 week wait for the finished product.

I feel slightly concerned as the voucher implies that David Ormerod are a nation wide outfit with all week (including Saturdays) availability. The reality is very different and if you work, then you may to have to take holiday.

I would welcome what HiFi Headphones and ACS have to say!

Regards,

Peter

May 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw241142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously I am really looking forward to having this done. However, the availability of times for mouldings in my part of the South East of England (Chesham) is not good and most of them are only available one (working) day a week in Boots pharmacists. The ones with better availability are Brent Cross (no near tube) and Kennsington (South London). In the end as I work 5 days a week I have had to delay this to 5th June (Boots at Hemel) , some 5 weeks after I bought the voucher with a further 3 week wait for the finished product.

I feel slightly concerned as the voucher implies that David Ormerod are a nation wide outfit with all week (including Saturdays) availability. The reality is very different and if you work, then you may to have to take holiday.

I would welcome what HiFi Headphones and ACS have to say!

Regards,

Peter

When I had mine done there were three in my home town of Stevenage, 2 of which were motorcycle shops (bike courier radios etc need iems). Surely a phone call to ACS first would have been a good idea rather then asking them here!

May 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 3
i ordered a pair of acs sleeves for my ie8's. because i live in switzerland i had to source out a private audiologist so i couldn't use the voucher included in the price for uk buyers. nevertheless the whole procedure was painless, quick and inexpensive.

i did have a small problem with them because altho they were very friendly, helpful and communicative, they still managed to send me the wrong color iem's. to there credit they did refund me the costs of getting the sleeves colored. also i asked them to rush the job as i am going on a month long trip and wanted to bring them with me and they were very helpful with that. they sent me the sleeves next day delivery.

if you have any issues with acs, i think it would be best for you to communicate directly with them. i have no doubt that they will try to facilitate your concerns as best they can. hope it works out for you as they have made a few head-fi'ers quite happy with their products. take a look at this thread for more reflections:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...er-ie8-415905/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back