Custom Bayerdynamic DT 770?
Nov 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MangoClimbing

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I've lurked for a little while and finally need some advice on something, there's some DT 770s that have a custom cable mod and was wondering if this would be a good option LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT770-Pro-80Ohm-4-core-Pure-Silver-99-999-upgrade-cable-/171481965000?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item27ed1f21c8
I mostly listen to hiphop and rap so I'm looking for something more on the boomy side while remaining accurate. I've seen these recommended all the time and was wondering how they compare to vmoda's m-80. I like these but they don't seem to have as much bass as I would like and they are not the most comfortable pair of headphones. These are my reasons for choosing the DT 770's comfort and sound signature! 

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 5
Even if we assume that a silver upgrade cable will get you what you want out of them (I don't think so), look at the headphone wiring. See that tiny wire running from the headband to the right earcup? That carries the signal from the cable going into the left earcup over to the right. So even if the cables make any significant difference, it will only do so for the left driver, since the right driver runs on the silver cable then stops and goes through the stock, thin factory cable carrying the signal to the other side.

So if the cables make a significant difference, and based on what silver cables are known for, you basically paid $200 to make the left side sound brighter than the right.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 5
  Hi guys I've lurked for a little while and finally need some advice on something, there's some DT 770s that have a custom cable mod and was wondering if this would be a good option LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT770-Pro-80Ohm-4-core-Pure-Silver-99-999-upgrade-cable-/171481965000?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item27ed1f21c8
I mostly listen to hiphop and rap so I'm looking for something more on the boomy side while remaining accurate. I've seen these recommended all the time and was wondering how they compare to vmoda's m-80. I like these but they don't seem to have as much bass as I would like and they are not the most comfortable pair of headphones. These are my reasons for choosing the DT 770's comfort and sound signature! 

I slightly prefer the sound of the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm, over the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones.
What sources are you plugging the headphones into?

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 5
dont cringe but i don't currently have an amp so I'm looking to be able to drive these off my macbook pro, this will be my next purchase although I'm having trouble choosing between an amp or a dad

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 5
dont cringe but i don't currently have an amp so I'm looking to be able to drive these off my macbook pro, this will be my next purchase although I'm having trouble choosing between an amp or a dad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back