Currently own Astro A38's, not sure if I should also get V-Moda Crossfade M-100
Oct 28, 2014 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

the maxx31

New Head-Fier
smile_phones.gif
   Hi everyone! I hope you guys can help me with this...

First of all thanks for reading and helping me.

I'm an amateur audiophile, recently (about 3 months ago) I began to concern about the quality of audio in my music collection (most of my songs are crappy 128kbps mp3) and I started downloading FLAC files (if not available, 320kbps mp3).

I have read a lot about hi-res audio and all that stuff. I have some old and cheap Sony MDR-V150 which I still consider OK for the price but I wanted something better. Anyway, as I began to realize of the quality of audio and all that stuff I began looking for some headphones that could fit my budget and needs and that's when I was aware of the existence of the V-Moda Crossfade M-100. I also looked for other brands and I came across with the brand Astro offering the Astro A38 bluetooth headset aimed for mobile gaming and music.

Long story short because of budget reasons (mainly) and the Bluetooth feature, I leaned towards the Astro A38's and bought them.
I have been using these headphones for 1 week and MAN... I'm very pleased with the quality of sound they provide and also the Bluetooth feature is pretty cool.

I don't know if you guys have come across the a38's and tested them. The thing is that eventhough I'm very satisfied with these cans I still wonder if the M-100's provide better sound quality to play FLAC files and also Hi-Res audio tracks (24-bit-192kHz).

If you have tested the A38's, do you still recommend to also get the M-100's? Or should I just stick with the a38's as there is no much difference with the audio quality provided from them in comparison with the M-100? 

I'm very interested in the M-100's as I'm a hardcore bass head, the thing is that I have never tested them as I live in Mexico and they don't sell these kind of headphones in my country.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the long post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back