Curiousity
Nov 10, 2018 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dale55

New Head-Fier
Good morning! I am just curious and wanted to get others opinions. I have a fairly decent home theater/ music system that I have upgraded over the years and most of the time I am astonished at how great it sounds but one thing I have noticed. Sometimes it sounds better than other times. Let me explain. I was listening to some of my cd's last night that I have burned to my harddrive and they only sounded ok, but other times they sound very musical clean and clear. I changed nothing so am a bit confused on the difference in the sound.

Thoughts and opinions?

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 10
I have the same experience with all my gear. I personally believe it is due to day-to-day differences in the signal processing by the hearing apparatus. Some days it's just clearer and it opens up and I hear more. Other than that, I have no idea why this happens. Maybe someone else knows more.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 10
Atmospheric conditions, ambient noise levels, and also your own organic human body and all its components that you hear and what translate what you hear - for example, if you listen to something when you have the flu, it sounds pretty harsh as your system is on red alert for fighting the lurgy.

I often think the same though, and it can send you a bit mad. How many times have you moved a speaker placement, only to put it back a few hours later or end up back in the original position? :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 10
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
ConfusedThickAmericanbittern-max-1mb.gif

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 10
If you have a home theater set up and one day it sounds good and another day, it sounds bad.......I recommend that you seek professional assistance rather than asking for internet help. It’s best for someone ( as in an actual real life person) to actually look at your rig in my opinion.

The internet is not the solution to everything. Sometimes, you need to do it the old fashioned way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back