Creative SXFI or other VSS for competitive FPS games, yay or nay?
Feb 7, 2024 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chronos

100+ Head-Fier
What do you guys prefer for competitive FPS games like CS2? SXFi? SXFi Battle Mode? Scout mode? Or all off?

Are HD800S still the king of competitive FPS gaming? Anyone ever compare them to the Denon D7000 for gaming?

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 3
I played Destiny 2 on a sound blaster AE-9 and the HD800S and nearly turned pale when I realized I could hear everything happening on the map from where I was. Not just a battle, but could identify the weapon they were using. Yep, it's the kingpin.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 3
I have a SoundBlasterX G6 but i run it in stereo mode only as games today implement they're own HRTF so there is no need to add anything extra on top of that distorting sounds. Any headphones with good imaging and soundstage are good for FPS gaming i'd say. Never heard the D7000 but i have heard the big brother D9200 which are incredible. Closed back but they sound open. Even some audio technicians who live and breath for audio use D9200 as they're mains and praise them for gaming. So if D7000 are anything like that, they should be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back