Cowon s9 Album art?
Jun 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MeltedChalk

New Head-Fier
Wondering if and how you can get album art into the cowon s9.

I've searched and found nothing, but I know it's got to be possible due to the new firmware update. Anyone have an idea of how?

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 9
I have my music organised in artist/album folders and just put a cover.jpg file in each. Resize to (I think) 200x200 pixels to improve performance and quality as I think that's the resolution of the cover art area in the now playing screen.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks, one more question if I can. Is there any kind of free program for finding album art for multiple albums? The few albums I'm after downloading off torrent sites always seem to have the album art displayed, yet the albums I buy never do. There must be something out there.

Thanks again.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found SourceForge.net: Album Art Downloader did a decent job. I also like using MusicBrainz Picard for tagging and there's a plugin for cover art as well, although the images aren't always that great.

Thanks, downloading it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another good program is mp3tag.

I've already have this downloaded for some reason, though can figure out for the life of me how to get albums art from it. Will do some jimmying around when I get home later on this evening.

,thanks for the help fellas'

Edit: Working like a charm. The help is much appreciated.
happy_face1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveblade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Media Monkey imo is the best thing to get everything perfect, tagging, album art,etc.

If what I'm doing don't work out so well I'll switch over, thanks for the hint.

I've got the tags thing working, but I've got one problem. When I imported my cds on foobar2000, it put them all in one folder with no names. So I can't attach the picture with the album. did anyone else have this problem? Or do I have to go through my albums manually and create folders for each?

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeltedChalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got the tags thing working, but I've got one problem. When I imported my cds on foobar2000, it put them all in one folder with no names. So I can't attach the picture with the album. did anyone else have this problem? Or do I have to go through my albums manually and create folders for each?

I haven't used foobar's ripping functionality, so I'm not sure what went wrong there, but this is how I do it.

I have EAC set up for an accurate rip with compression to FLAC, and as I rip each CD I create a folder for it. Then I use Media Monkey to fetch album art, which I rename to cover.jpg and stick in the album's folder. The music library on my pc is all organised this way, so that I can drag and drop different albums to my S9 without any additional tinkering around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back