Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Jul 30, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #320 of 545
Please let us know your take between the two????
Which one is best, and best bang for the money?????
God Bless,
Wayne

I decided to keep the Cowon P2. PM2 SQ is nearly as good as the P2. But as an audiophile I want maximum Sound Quality. And the P2 is delivering this. I can't imagine that a DAP can sound better than this. The Combo Cowon P2 + Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable + Shure 846 is mind blowing. Don't get me wrong the PM2 is worth every Penny and it feels very sexy (very well build), but the P2 SQ is superior (soundstage, resolution, depth). Besides it has the two knobs above where you can change volume and jet effect, a included leather case and slightly better battery life. My Conlusion If you have the money, don't waste any time, this DAP lets your audiophile dreams come true, and it's 2700€ cheaper then the overpriced AK SP1000 that uses the same DAC.

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #321 of 545
Thanks sg2k!!!!
I appreciate your feedback.
I just went to the Cowon site looking for some help on a screen protector, no joy here in Thailand. AND saw that there is a new FW update for the PM2.
I just installed it, V1.11 and great sound is still here on the PM2.
Happy as a pig in poop here!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #322 of 545
New Firmware for Plenue M2 v1.11

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboar...m&bmenu=support&desc=asc&no=439&bmenu=support

new features:
- Add the function which displays the playlist when user touches song title in the playback screen.
- Change the way of displaying the lyric and album information (When user touches lyric icon, the lyric will be displayed.)
- Fix the phenomenon which the sound doesn’t out intermittently when music is played after booting.
- Fix the unusual play phenomenon in some of FLAC file

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #323 of 545
Pls help. Since there is no line out, the instructions for my Plenue M2 say I can take an optical out from my headphone jack to input into my processor. What kind of cable is that? I see a graphic showing S/PDIF????
Also Cowon says my unit can act as a DAC for my computer, via the USB connection. Anybody know how to do that and would that be better than the above? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, and God Bless, Wayne

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #325 of 545
Can someone check if home button actually does anything? On my PM2,no matter what function I choose and from which part of the menu I try to use it, it does not change a thing. I am on latest 1.11 fw,, tried on previous version same result.

Aug 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #326 of 545
Hey Soundtrap, are you talking about the multi button? Go to settings and system and set the multi button to do what you want, I set mine to Browser and that is exactly where it takes me.
Hope this helps!
God bless,
Wayne

Aug 26, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #327 of 545
Hey Soundtrap, are you talking about the multi button? Go to settings and system and set the multi button to do what you want, I set mine to Browser and that is exactly where it takes me.
Hope this helps!
God bless,
Wayne
Yes, I tried to set it up to either of 3 options and even after resetting the player still does not do anything. Does not respond to a pressing at all.

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #330 of 545
Thanks man, you are right. Damn thing you have to stab it, like the old cassette players back in the day! Lol! You'd expect that multi button is capacitive, like the rest of the screen. Weird from Cowon to make it so difficult and with limited functionality, I'd prefer if there is option for adding currently played song to Favourites with one touch of the button, aka FiiO X5III, rather than have to go through 4 stages as it is at the moment. Pity, Plenue players are not attended to by guys like Chakra and Kizune, who did marvels with S9, J3 and X7 firmwares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back