Corrupt card
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pellidon

Head-Fier
Put a card in my new Hiby R3 II and while playing my reference files, Rush, A Farewell to Kings, FLAC skipped. I was confused. Got my Shanling M3X with the same files on a different card and it played OK on the M3X. Swapped cards and the card originally in the R3 skipped even worse in the M3X. It was a BANQ card that either came with an Ali Express purchase or was purchased from there or Amazon, I can't recall. The card that works is another generic OAN house brand from Walmart.

I was freaked out as this was the first use of the Hiby. Never had a card corrupt like this before, usually they just quit or won't allow me to add files.

I am looking for a way to scan cards in the future to make sure they are good before I load them up with files. This card will get binned as cards are cheap here. Not worth the effort.

On the other hand, the Hiby is working fine. Great player.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 3
If you have an adapter for the PC, a Windows full format will take a while but will fully format it and check for errors. In the player there should be a format option too. I always format a card in the device it's going to be used in for best compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back